Tiger Woods Return To The Tour

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm sticking with my prediction I posted earlier that I dont think Woods will make the cut in the 4 events he is playing over 5 weeks with his comeback,he was so out of sorts today.

I was going to respond to this yesterday stating that I thought he wouldn't complete those events and end up pulling out if he not so much didn't make the cut, but didn't make it by a considerable margin only to switch on and find he's already withdrawn.

I said yesterday even at only +3 he looked dejected and nowhere near getting a birdie so that score was, as we all witnessed, was only going to increase.

I can't see him coming back competitively at all!

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have to agree with the comments above he seem to struggle with is first drive on the 10th surely it's all over for him now.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really dont believe he has a bad back,he just cant cut it nowdays and knows it I think he's had enough,doubt we will see him out for the other 2 events he was supposed to play.

Rubbish. Tiger would not have withdrawn if he wasn't injured.

Back spasms that came on after dinner last night apparently. Was in no pain yesterday or last week, just unfortunate that the spasms have started this morning. Hopefully after some good treatment and once the spasms subside he'll be back swinging and back for his next tournament in 2 weeks.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
funny enough i was chatting to a mate last night and tigers poor round yesterday was mentioned... he also said i bet he feigns a bad back a pulls out tomorrow..

just switched it on and low and behold....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
having suffered with back problems in the past, one thing you do not do is take chances with it.

If it hurts or spasms, then you stop, get it checked out and assess

However, given Tigers performance, the time missed through back injury and surgery and the impact this will have on him mentally, I'd be thinking about retirement or moving on to another adventure

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spasms after dinner or pain on the course. Either way its not good news. this was supposed to be sorted.

Not a happy camper. :eek:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm hearing some rubbish here,ITS NOT HIS BACK HE CANT PLAY GOLF ANYMORE!!!
76,72,77 is just not good enough for the tour,the leader Garcia was 12 shots ahead of him after the first round!.

Last edited:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Rubbish. Tiger would not have withdrawn if he wasn't injured.

Back spasms that came on after dinner last night apparently. Was in no pain yesterday or last week, just unfortunate that the spasms have started this morning. Hopefully after some good treatment and once the spasms subside he'll be back swinging and back for his next tournament in 2 weeks.

That he wont make the cut in...

D

Deleted member 1418

"And now, the end is near..............."! :whistle:

Saw some of his round yesterday and thought he was walking a bit gingerly and looking a bit uncomfortable towards the end. Was a bit surprised to see him in Dubai to be honest - the flight (even on his own luxurious jet) and then into a load of corporate commitments couldn't have been great for his back.

Hopefully nothing too serious.

D

Deleted member 1418

At least taking lighter luggage to tournaments will help his back as there's now no need to pack clothes for all four playing days!! ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was a bit surprised when this popped up on the mobile this morning especially as he'd specifically said post round the back was good. I think he's done now and no matter how hard he wants to get back out there and compete the body won't allow it. Don't forget, it was a back injury that ultimately stopped perhaps the most mercurial of all, Seve, from playing. I think he'll miss the next few, try and give it a go at Augusta and then think about calling it a day. What he does next is going to be interesting

D

Deleted member 1147

If it is a spasm then that's not too bad, just so long as it isn't nerve related.

I had gone 3 years without a spasm, then suddenly, out of nowhere, had one on monday night. It's just one of those things for bad back sufferers - once there's a weakness you are at risk again., tendons are hard to mend as they get so little blood flow.
But a strong core can help, I was up and about in a couple of hours. Hopefully Tiger has an even stronger core and should be ok soon.

D

Deleted member 15717

76,72,77 is just not good enough for the tour,the leader Garcia was 12 shots ahead of him after the first round!.

Possibly one of the worst comments I have ever read on this forum...and there has been a lot of rubbish spouted on here!

D

Deleted Member 1156

At least taking lighter luggage to tournaments will help his back as there's now no need to pack clothes for all four playing days!! ;)

It's only Feb 3rd and we already have a nomination for post of the year :rofl:

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Actually it's you talking rubbish.

I can tell you for a fact that he hasn't been moving well since the Pro Am on Wednesday.

Winners of 14 Majors do not just quit after a bad round at his age , he will be desperate to play but if the back is twingeing there is nothing he can do about it.

He has always put the most positive spin on everything all his career, so saying his back was fine yesterday is just what he does. He's never wanted to give an inch of mental advantage to the competition, unfortunately it's got in the the way of telling the truth a few times.

Ability-wise, he can easily win again. Whether he does or not will depend on the state of his back, that is ever-increasingly looking glum.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always interesting to see so many people not having any interest in Tiger anymore and yet tournaments thrive on him playing, figures go through the roof, and forum threads get loads of replies too 😃

Personally I think the are plenty of players out there going through the motions every week, some missing every single cut they enter. Should they all just quit too?
I would think Tiger has a better chance of winning something than some other ex Ryder cup captians for instance!

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Always interesting to see so many people not having any interest in Tiger anymore and yet tournaments thrive on him playing, figures go through the roof, and forum threads get loads of replies too 

Personally I think the are plenty of players out there going through the motions every week, some missing every single cut they enter. Should they all just quit too?
I would think Tiger has a better chance of winning something than some other ex Ryder cup captians for instance!

I don't think Tiger is interested in just being in the field. He wants to win and win badly. I believe once he realises he cannot win regularly or even occasionally he will call it quits. He never was and never will be someone happy not being at the top.