Tiger Woods Return To The Tour

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
tiger fans seem to be a special breed. no matter what he does or how he plays he still farts rainbows and given the chance they'd mount him like a dog

I think it's more due to what he has done a rather than how he's playing now.

Just because he's chopping around now it doesn't detract from how good he was.

People seem to love slagging someone when they're no longer as good as they once were. Weird.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's more due to what he has done a rather than how he's playing now.

Just because he's chopping around now it doesn't detract from how good he was.

People seem to love slagging someone when they're no longer as good as they once were. Weird.

nope. most people slag him off because he comes across as an arrogant, miserable sod

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what? He's there to play good golf not tell jokes and make you laugh.

It's like when people say Andy Murray has no personality. So?? He's a sportsman not a compare

i personally like the hole package. ok, he plays good golf but if he's not likeable then dont ask for empathy when he falls. if only poulter could go to!! 😀

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just watched Garcia and Stenson play the 1st hole in highlights of 2nd round. And sooooo slow - awful. So I actually can't be bothered watching.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched Garcia and Stenson play the 1st hole in highlights of 2nd round. And sooooo slow - awful. So I actually can't be bothered watching.

It was blowing a gale, ball oscillating on the greens etc., hence why they were so slow and why play for the day was cancelled shortly afterwards.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Actually it's you talking rubbish.

I can tell you for a fact that he hasn't been moving well since the Pro Am on Wednesday.

Winners of 14 Majors do not just quit after a bad round at his age , he will be desperate to play but if the back is twingeing there is nothing he can do about it.

He has always put the most positive spin on everything all his career, so saying his back was fine yesterday is just what he does. He's never wanted to give an inch of mental advantage to the competition, unfortunately it's got in the the way of telling the truth a few times.

Ability-wise, he can easily win again. Whether he does or not will depend on the state of his back, that is ever-increasingly looking glum.

This is hilarious,people really cant face the fact that TW is no longer a competitive golfer lol,he was one of the best players ever but he has lost it,it happens,you are proberly the same sort of people who cant face Elvis is dead :rofl::rofl:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There are hundreds of technically better golf shots but for greatness you need context, drama and crowd excitment thrown in, none have the drama or excitement of that chip, sorry.

What about Justin Roses chip against Phil in the Ryder Cup that had everything you describe, and Phil even acknowledged it.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are hundreds of technically better golf shots but for greatness you need context, drama and crowd excitment thrown in, none have the drama or excitement of that chip, sorry.

I'm far from Tigers greatest fan but recognise he is the best golfer and that was a moment in time shot. It's an absolute stand out golf shot that even non golfers remember. Stuff of legend.;)

IN YOUR LIFE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT..........

Yeah Davis Love III did it a few years earlier and his was further back then Tigers..

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yep. I started watching it. Sergio waiting for ages for the wind to change. Turned it off and watched wheeler dealers and I don't even like cars🙄

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm far from Tigers greatest fan but recognise he is the best golfer and that was a moment in time shot. It's an absolute stand out golf shot that even non golfers remember. Stuff of legend.;)

Pavin's shot was on the 72nd hole of the US Open, with a 4 wood into a difficult par 4. He hit the shot of his life, and went onto win by 2 thanks to that. Instead of hitting it close and birdieing the hole he could have easily bogied and ended up in a play off,
So you have drama, he and the crowd went wild, and it was a technically harder shot.
As such, a better shot than Tiger's chip in. Which, as mentioned before, DL3 had already done.