Tiger out of the worlds 100

Dreamer2

Head Pro
Visit site
me being me ,,you try getting me out of bed if i had about 500 million in the bank ,,,he probably as to many YES men around him now ,,,we all need kicking into touch now & than ,,look forward to seeing him on the senior tour,,,the young golfers starting on the golf circuit all want to win he's bin there ,done that he as the t-shirt for you to buy

S

Snelly

me being me ,,you try getting me out of bed if i had about 500 million in the bank ,,,he probably as to many YES men around him now ,,,we all need kicking into touch now & than ,,look forward to seeing him on the senior tour,,,the young golfers starting on the golf circuit all want to win he's bin there ,done that he as the t-shirt for you to buy

That's exactly what I was going to say..... :mad:

M

MetalMickie

And yet he's still the odds on favourite with the bookies to win the masters.
He is favourite with the bookies as a means of them protecting themselves if he should win as so many mug punters lump onto him whether he is on form or not. Just look at the ridiculously short odds that were quoted when he was in the depths of his slump and had no chance.
Short odds don't mean the bookies necessarily think he will win.

D

Deleted member 1740

I still think he's got a few majors left in him and he's got the experience to back him up.

I'm sure once he wins a proper tournament he'll have the belief and confidence to get back to his best.

I don't hate nor love Tiger but I enjoy watching him play golf and to have that type of talent in mixing pot come the last day of the masters, US Open etc is great.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tiger out of the top 100??? NEVER!!! Certainly not while he can swing a club anyway. I know why dont all the people who think he will drop out of the top 100 have a bet on it???

I personally feel that Tiger is far from over and will win a couple this year even if its not a major. I for one cant wait to see him and Rory in the final pair on a Sunday afternoon.... Hopefully at the Masters.

grizzler

Club Champion
Visit site
honestly can't see him winning a major this year, his bubble has burst. players used to be scared stiff of him but due to his off the course antics thats gone. being from northern ireland i'd love to see him coming back though and going head to head with rory on the back 9 for a major!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
He will definitely win more tournaments whether it is majors remains to be seen his aura has definitely gone forever IMO and everybody else seems to have raised their game and the competition now is fierce. The thing that worries me with him as has been mentioned above is the amount of injuries he has had. The knee will go again it is not if it is when and once it does then he is finished for good I reckon. He might win more majors but I would not put money on it.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
honestly can't see him winning a major this year, his bubble has burst. players used to be scared stiff of him but due to his off the course antics thats gone. being from northern ireland i'd love to see him coming back though and going head to head with rory on the back 9 for a major!

A wee bit too early to say his bubble has burst..........this year will tell.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Out of interest, when is the cut off for the first WGC event. Isn't that top 64 and if a lot of players are already up and running and he's not due until Abu Dhabi next week and then the AT&T, is it possible he could drop outside of that and miss out?

I don't think he will but was wondering if potentially it could happen. On the plus side I think an injury free Woods (no idea about whether he is stress free and domestically settled and don't really care) will be a much more consistent performer this year. I think he'll compete and be a steady top 10-15 player and will be in the mix on many Sundays. I think he has an affinity with Augusta and the way he charged last year will fire him up again this season. Whether it might come too soon is my only doubt but if anyone knows a thing or two about peaking at the right time it's him. I'd love to see him come good again and I guess only time will tell if he can get back to the pinnacle of the game

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He's where he is in the rankings due his 2 recent good finishes.
Just discount them for a moment - assume he either didn't play or missed the cut.
He'd currently be in about 75th place.
If he doesn't perform at the Majors then he would have been in danger of dropping out but the win and 3rd at the Aussie mean he'll almost certainly keep his place in the top 100. As time goes on the weighting of the points he's recektly won will diminish so there will be more chance of dropping down - for example, Tiger's 4th at the Masters in 2010 earned him 27 points at the time, those 27 are now worth 3.82.
Points are effectively worth half after a year.
He picked up 60.8 points for the 2 events - this time next year they'll be worth about 31.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
He's where he is in the rankings due his 2 recent good finishes.
Just discount them for a moment - assume he either didn't play or missed the cut.
He'd currently be in about 75th place.
If he doesn't perform at the Majors then he would have been in danger of dropping out but the win and 3rd at the Aussie mean he'll almost certainly keep his place in the top 100. As time goes on the weighting of the points he's recektly won will diminish so there will be more chance of dropping down - for example, Tiger's 4th at the Masters in 2010 earned him 27 points at the time, those 27 are now worth 3.82.
Points are effectively worth half after a year.
He picked up 60.8 points for the 2 events - this time next year they'll be worth about 31.

If,if,if,if.......he will not end up outside the top 100 this year or next.

End of thread.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As he now claims to be injury free what else would be stopping him playing the full calender he used to?,I know its early days on tour but he`s not scheduled to play until the AT&T at Pebble Beach.

He has full playing rights and is likely to be happy starting then. Tiger has nothing to prove.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
. Tiger has nothing to prove.

I think after the last couple of years Tiger has everything to prove.

Ok he's been arguably the best golfer ever in the past. He's been far from that, for one reason or another, in the last 2-3 years.
Tiger's got to come out fighting, he can't afford to drift along if he wants to regain the level he made his own before his troubles.
The Golfing World is watching and expecting. He has to deliver.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think after the last couple of years Tiger has everything to prove.

Ok he's been arguably the best golfer ever in the past. He's been far from that, for one reason or another, in the last 2-3 years.
Tiger's got to come out fighting, he can't afford to drift along if he wants to regain the level he made his own before his troubles.
The Golfing World is watching and expecting. He has to deliver.

I disagree buddy, 70 worldwide wins, totally fulfilled his potential, he has nothing to prove but there are 100's out there waiting to sat "told you he was finished" which will spur him on.

I don't think he'll ever get close to his best ever again but reckon he'll get a win anyway and will likely make the US Ryder cup team