Tiger out of the worlds 100

S

Snelly

I am a not a Tiger hater but I am a "Tiger-Is-Not-My-Favourite-Golfer-And-I-Will-Be-Glad-To-See-The-Back-Of-him" kind of bloke.

My view is that his time at the pinnacle of the game is finished. He won't win another Major.

In addition, I see that Hank Haney is about to have his book published on his time working with Woods. Further revalations about his escapades with plastic titted bimbos are promised. This won't help him on the road to redemption either I would venture....

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel you clutching at straws.
Theres no way this will happen,unless he retires from golf altogether.
He has recently shown glimpses of a return to form,and i believe this will
continue.
He will be determined to prove al the doubters wrong that hes not finished.
Loss of form in tempary,class is permanent.
Welcome back i say,cant wait to a major where,Tiger,Lee,and Luke are fighting
down the home stretch.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
All this doom and gloom
But ask the Bookies ...... check their Prices
Favourite for all of the majors, and the favourite in the Betting to top the PGA tour money list
Yep.........it sure looks like Tigers career is over......:ears:........NOT

They're bookies mate, not fortune tellers ;)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
fans.As for the world rankings it is feasibly possible that the great man at the end of the year could be out of the top 100 worlds golfers

Time will tell.

I think he'll be comfortably inside the top 50 come the end of 2012

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, BUT I aint seen any going BUST lately..............:ears:

They employ experts, and do their Homework
They ARE NOT MUGS

He was odds on to win a major or two last year too, how many did he end up winning in the end?

The bookies know that even if he's not at his best there's a chance he'll manage to string 4 good rounds together. The man is the best golfer to walk on this planet (IMHO, natch ;) ), so he's more than capable. By putting Tiger on short odds they're simply protecting themselves, rather than suggesting that he's very likely to win a major.

Bookies aren't daft :)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was odds on to win a major or two last year too, how many did he end up winning in the end?

He never started odds-on for ANY major last year.
I believe the last time he started odds-on for a major was at St. Andrews........

And yes, I realise bookies put prices in place to protect themself, I totally understand how the Odds game works, they Dont want big liabilities on Tiger Woods

But odds always reflect a Players ( horses, football teams, etc....) Chance too

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
have to disgree on that, last year i can remember a number of bookies offering odds of 10 to 1 etc whilst tiger was playing the last few holes on the second round xxx amount of shots above the cut line

bookies are deluded by tiger

That is because they already have a big enough Liability after the event starts.
Being a bookie is like being an accountant
The books have got to be balanced, you cant pay out what u havent taken in
My uncle was a bookie, I know how the game works

eg. If tiger is 6/1 to win the masters , and a bookie takes in a combined £100k on tiger to win
His liability is 600k
He then has to field bets on the rest of the field to try and get 600k back in to balance the book
Chances are he Wont, Tiger would nearly always take out more than the field ( in the PAST )

In a major, any of the Top 5 in the betting Win, Bookies will almost defo LOSE
Anybody outside the Top 5 in the Betting, then an almost sure WIN
There isnt much cash spread around the 'Rags'....Outsiders

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i understand and agree, with why the bookies still make tiger a favourite despite in my opinion he in reality is no where near favourite to win, as he is a very popular bet and the bookies don't want to expose themselves.

what i guess i was saying was in the scenario i saw tiger needed something like 3 eagles on the finishing 3 holes to make the cut whislt the bookies were offering odds of about 10/1 for him to win the tournament at that stage (live betting)

just seems rediculous to me

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
what i guess i was saying was in the scenario i saw tiger needed something like 3 eagles on the finishing 3 holes to make the cut whislt the bookies were offering odds of about 10/1 for him to win the tournament at that stage (live betting)

just seems rediculous to me

Yep and u would be right to say ridiculous if such a case

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Check YOUR facts,I`m not talking about the PGA tour but tournaments around the world in general..........

Sorry, But I think I did include a post in this thread that says..........He is entered at Abu Dhabi HSBC NEXT WEEK, its on the European Tour Website, if YOU care to CHECK
I DID CHECK MY FACTS......THAT WAS WHY I POSTED

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive never stated that he WOULD win a Major, I started by saying he would COMPETE
I would NOT be running out to bet him for the Open right now
In my opinion if he was to Win a Major, his best chance would be the Masters....My Opinion, Only

If you read all my posts in this thread, Ive NEVER made any fortune teller predictions, just that hed compete
Whereas you have the upper hand on me......whereas you must hav some kind of inside info, or u are a fortune teller, Quote -- he 's heads just not in the right place anymore with personnel matters, kids etc..