Tiger out of the worlds 100

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
This is not a Tiger knock! The guy has produced some of the best golf in the history of the game and hopefully will seen again by us golf fans.As for the world rankings it is feasibly possible that the great man at the end of the year could be out of the top 100 worlds golfers.He dropped so many ranking points in 2011 that he went from a comfortable 1st to an at worst 56th and after winning he`s own tournament is up to 25th where he stands now.Now with the full fields up and running if Tiger doesent seriously improve he WILL be out of the top 100 at the end of the year.It would be a shame for golf if Tiger just becomes an "exhibition" at tournaments,just turning up as the once great Tiger Woods but has no chance competeting,this of course has happened to many great players but you think with woods should that happen it would have been a bit premature...I really do think 2012 is make or break for the once great player.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
It wont he will win at least one major this year and a couple of other tournaments so all will be well.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
so long as he plays enough tournaments then i can't see that happening.whether he will win or not i don't know but i bet he'll be close on more than one occasion.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think he will remain comfortably in the top 50, but may struggle to do better than this. It would be nice to see him regain some form, and compete, but I think the golf world has moved on, with many more good players than before. I hope he challenges at the Masters, it gets the crowds going.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You should write headlines for the tabloids!

He's got less chance of falling out of the top 100 this year as I have of getting into it! That said the rankings are based on points of which he scored 'not many' last year so he'd better buck up his ideas!

Last edited:

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He said that he lost most of his points last year so has almost flat-lined and the only way is up - WR points are on a rolling 2 years so if you think he has won naff-all in 2010/11 that any wins this year will be all positive points and very little coming off, expect to see him rise pretty quick with some top10/5's and i think will be safely in the top 5 at the end of the year. Like him or loathe him he is a class golfer and remember he was only a whisker away from taking the Masters last year with a solid back 9 on Sunday.....

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon he’ll be back (not to his best) but show glimpses of it. I’ll say he’ll be in the top 5 at the Masters and win 1 or 2 comps this year.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
All this doom and gloom
But ask the Bookies ...... check their Prices
Favourite for all of the majors, and the favourite in the Betting to top the PGA tour money list
Yep.........it sure looks like Tigers career is over......:ears:........NOT

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I beg to differ guys,Tigers huge impact on the game has many believing that he`s just going to get where he should be.I can see some top 10`s but I cant see him challenging for a major,he`s heads just not in the right place anymore with personnel matters, kids etc.What I could see is him completey nose diving and then coming back wiser and stronger in a few years like Westwood has done...

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see some top 10`s but I cant see him challenging for a major,he`s heads just not in the right place anymore with personnel matters, kids etc.

Sorry to Disagree, but with Very Little golf under his belt in 2011.....Did he Not challenge for the Masters at Augusta......??
And on that note.... If Tiger woods teed off on the back 9 at Augusta, level for the lead, playing with any 2 golfers you care to name, I would bet a Large sum he would take them down.
Im not the biggest Woods fan in the world, I do enjoy watching him, but Im no fanatic
But his Masters record speaks for itself, he knows every blade of grass, as they say.......

Come on guys, tell me, Woods level, turning into the back 9, at Augusta, sunday night, any 2 players, who would you be betting on........???

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Are people forgetting he missed most of last year through injury/personal issues? It's not like he played awful all year and dropped down the rankings. He didn't even play most of the events and if he had I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have dropped anywhere near as far as he did. He will be back competing again this year no doubt about it. He may not win as many due to the high quality of the other players but he will be able to compete.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Sorry to Disagree, but with Very Little golf under his belt in 2011.....Did he Not challenge for the Masters at Augusta......??
And on that note.... If Tiger woods teed off on the back 9 at Augusta, level for the lead, playing with any 2 golfers you care to name, I would bet a Large sum he would take them down.
Im not the biggest Woods fan in the world, I do enjoy watching him, but Im no fanatic
But his Masters record speaks for itself, he knows every blade of grass, as they say.......

Come on guys, tell me, Woods level, turning into the back 9, at Augusta, sunday night, any 2 players, who would you be betting on........???
Hear what your saying and with Tiger at his best I would have to agree with you,but nowdays I would name more than two I would back against him on Augusta`s back nine....

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hear what your saying and with Tiger at his best I would have to agree with you,but nowdays I would name more than two I would back against him on Augusta`s back nine....

Well, surely he wasnt at his best in April 2011 at Augusta......??
Did everybody Not think ''his heads not in the right place'' way back then......??
And he Very Nearly nicked that Major
Anybody saying Tiger wont Compete, to me, must be a Tiger 'hater'
If Tiger couldnt compete, hed Retire, thats a Cert
Look, the guy may never be the same player, I DONT know, but I know hed take care of anybody at Augusta turning level

Last edited: