Tiger injured in car crash..

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not to speculate too much but I really hope it wasn't due to any prescription drugs. Watching the golf at the weekend, he looked pretty bad when Jim Nantz was interviewing him.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope its not the end of his career.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
American media does overdo everything.

He'll be fine, we might not see him play to a high level again at his age if he didn't set his seat right. important note to all, don't be silly. Make sure your leg isn't straight when you fully depress the brake pedal.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not to speculate too much but I really hope it wasn't due to any prescription drugs. Watching the golf at the weekend, he looked pretty bad when Jim Nantz was interviewing him.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope its not the end of his career.

He did look a smidge stoned in that interview, fingers and toes crossed for him.

D

Deleted member 16999

From where the cars positioned it looks like it came down the cliff.
Off the road that’s one major crash
Blowout?
One US TV report I watched said there was a report of him being cut up at highspeed and him losing control, also the other car failed to stop.

Probably get all sorts of rumours or speculation for a few days.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Lots of speculation but here are a few facts..
County Sheriff tells reporters that Tiger Woods was "alive and he was conscious and able to communicate" and there was "no evidence of impairment at this point in time”.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - hope it’s not too serious and he is ok

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I absolutely understand that he is a all time great of our sport. But it irks the bollocks outa me with all the out pouring of “prayers” for him from everyone within golf.
Prayers will do nothing for him, science and poeple that have trained for years to be medical professionals with heal him.
Thoughts and prayers. Waste of time

D

Deleted member 25172

I absolutely understand that he is a all time great of our sport. But it irks the bollocks outa me with all the out pouring of “prayers” for him from everyone within golf.
Prayers will do nothing for him, science and poeple that have trained for years to be medical professionals with heal him.

Anthony Jeselnick sums it up quite nicely. “Thoughts and prayers” on social media is so people don’t forget about ME ME ME.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

If " thoughts and prayers " were the answer surely we wouldn't need a Covid vaccine

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think this probably spelled the effective end of his top level career. He has so many back and leg injuries and each one throws more pressure on the others, and he probably has little reserve left.

They have just mentioned on the news the amount of injuries he has sustained throughout his career. It would be a minor miracle if he could swing a club again at any level.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Blimey - hope it’s not too serious and he is ok

Not so good for his golf, at least not for a while. Not sure he's gonna get back to top level with all this

In the statement posted on Woods' Twitter, Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer and interim CEO of Harbor-UCLA Medical Center said: "Open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the right tibia and fibula bones were stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia. Additional injuries to the bones of the foot and ankle were stabilised with a combination of screws and pins
"Trauma to the muscle and soft tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling."