Thread bingo

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A few more:-
Contestants on the Chase.
Is Lewis Hamilton a nob.
Who should be keeping wicket for England.
Should the Open be played at a non-links venue.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
That's a bone of contention. Totally admire what he did to change the face of the game but what about Jack's major record. Its one of those that splits the forum every time it comes up.

Jack’s major record is impressive, but was the talent pool wasn’t as deep and he was able to play for much longer.
Major’s are obviously important, but only part of the story.

Boomy

Visit site
Jack’s major record is impressive, but was the talent pool wasn’t as deep and he was able to play for much longer.
Major’s are obviously important, but only part of the story.

Jack is the GOAT.

Look at the differences from Tiger’s era to Jacks era - the equipment, technology, greens quality, fairway quality, the support teams around modern players… if majors are only part of it then Jack would win it hands down for off course behaviours let’s be honest here. Totally respect what Tiger brought to the game but Jack wins it for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jack is the GOAT.

Look at the differences from Tiger’s era to Jacks era - the equipment, technology, greens quality, fairway quality, the support teams around modern players… if majors are only part of it then Jack would win it hands down for off course behaviours let’s be honest here. Totally respect what Tiger brought to the game but Jack wins it for me.
We shouldn't be getting into this here but I just wanted to say that this part is totally irrelevant if we're talking about who was the best golfer, and shows you're clutching at straws to swing it for Jack. ;)

Personally I'm Team Tiger, but as I'm only 35 I recognise that Jack was before my time so I'm biased and my opinion is pretty worthless in the debate. But I still think the fact Tiger shagged around and drove intoxicated doesn't make him a less great golfer. ??‍♂️

Boomy

Visit site
We shouldn't be getting into this here but I just wanted to say that this part is totally irrelevant if we're talking about who was the best golfer, and shows you're clutching at straws to swing it for Jack. ;)

Personally I'm Team Tiger, but as I'm only 35 I recognise that Jack was before my time so I'm biased and my opinion is pretty worthless in the debate. But I still think the fact Tiger shagged around and drove intoxicated doesn't make him a less great golfer. ??‍♂️

You need to read further back up the thread to realise why I put that in there - as a point of difference to ‘major wins just being part of the story’ It’s not me who was or is clutching at straws ?

I’m not Team Jack or Tiger, I’m Team Golf - but in my humble opinion, taking into accounts all the factors, then Jack is The GOAT (at present)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to read further back up the thread to realise why I put that in there - as a point of difference to ‘major wins just being part of the story’ It’s not me who was or is clutching at straws ?

I’m not Team Jack or Tiger, I’m Team Golf - but in my humble opinion, taking into accounts all the factors, then Jack is The GOAT (at present)
Yeah but surely he meant dominance of the PGA tour etc as opposed to just majors. i.e. still golf-related.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Jack is the GOAT.

Tiger and Jack were both playing the same equipment and courses as their peers, so an irrelevant point.

Tiger dominated like no one else. His stats from 1999 to 2009 are other worldly. Pretty much every stat other than Major wins puts him above Jack. And Tiger had all 4 major trophies at the same time.

And he did all that while spending $250k a weekend on hookers in Vegas.

Boomy

Visit site
Yeah but surely he meant dominance of the PGA tour etc as opposed to just majors. i.e. still golf-related.

C2C1FA28-ED00-483B-A8C7-D353333389A9.jpeg
7D2E059E-02D8-4B96-BB81-15A78B59A984.jpeg
Tiger not streaks ahead with anything there. Some basic numbers which would highlight Jack as The GOAT. Without even having to mention anyones off course behaviour.

Last edited:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tiger not streaks ahead with anything there. Some basic numbers which would highlight Jack as The GOAT. Without even having to mention anyones off course behaviour.

I dont know the answer, but a stat missing to compare Jack and Cat is win ratio in pro events. Jack is a little behind in tour event wins, but I think was more or less injury free throughout a long career. Tiger missed a lot for various reasons, yet has still exceeded Jack there. For me, it a critical measure, as it really shows who was clearly better than the field of his day. If Jack wins that one, though, undoubtedly it would be Jack as the Goat in my view. But if Tiger is better on that one, then it much closer or could even edge Tiger as the better golfer, Jack higher in some measure due to longevity rather than greater golfer.