This Seasons Goals

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21445

So no matter your handicap you should in my opinion always set lofty goals to strive for.

So what are your goals for the upcoming season ?
And more importantly how are you going to achieve them ?

Its very easy to identify your games weaknesses now with systems like Golf Pad GPS (My Choice) & Game Golf.

If you keep doing the same thing each year you probably wont improve.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dont need a digital system to know I drive the ball worse than Tiger :) That said ive addressed the problem this year with new shinies!

Only goals for me are to be fit and healthy for the full year, explore the area we are moving to and try as many new courses as possible and hopefully find a home course. Should get to meet a few new forumites too :)

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last year was to hit a 12 Handicap (starting at 21)....I managed that and ended up at 8!
This year its to be a Cat 1 golfer. Although if this time next year I'm still off 8 I'll take that as a good year!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

If you keep doing the same thing each year you probably wont improve.

I think this is only true if you've been playing for ages. I'm only in my second year of club membership now, so continuing to play more regular should see a little more improvement.

My goal is simply to get my handicap down obviously. Got down from 24 to 22 in my first year, I am aiming for 18 this year. It might be that I just can't play enough to get there but fingers crossed.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Back to cat one after 13 years away from the game but realistically I'll be happy to get to 6 in my first season back.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoy my golf firstly
Secondly got my first official handicap in Jan 18 of 22 would like to see a decent reduction by the year end.

From what I saw over the weekend John that decent handicap reduction is an odds on certainty. Good luck with it mate. Oh and I owe you a gold encrusted sausage roll after the lighthouse

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
have just been put up a stroke from 24 to 25. However, haven't put a card in since last June, and am playing more consistently now, so have set myself a target of 20 by the end of this summer.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Get my handicap down, start practicing, start a blog, use a trolley and learn how to play slower.

Nope, just continue to play with mates and enjoy my golf.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get my handicap down, start practicing, start a blog, use a trolley and learn how to play slower.

Nope, just continue to play with mates and enjoy my golf.

And there is me ready to follow your YouTube channel and it's not on the list. Oh well back to Crossfield, Finch et al

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Improve consistentcy off the tee, the main thing is to increase my attack angle to hit it further and more consistent.
Also I am going to work hard on the putting, I really want to focus on reading the putts and committing to the line I have chosen, and get the ball past the hole, too often I leave putts short!

I want to win my club championship at some point.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
To get my score down, i just started playing serious in April last year and was 36 I'm now at 24 so hoping to drop my numbers to the teens this year, today wasn't part of the program 😀

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Back to cat one after 13 years away from the game but realistically I'll be happy to get to 6 in my first season back.

You're having a tin bath after the way you played tonight, staying cat 2 will be a challenge after that episode.