This putt to win the forum meet!!!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Beautiful weather this afternoon, course was nice, and a lonely 9 holes.

I hit a nice 5-wood onto the 9th hole playing 221yds and left a 14 footer for birdie... it dawned on me at that moment as I approached the green that I had a birdie putt to win the Farts/Whippers forum meet.... suddenly the green was surrounded... Bobmac was there in a blue/white stripey polo holding his video camera, Vig already had a beer in his hand, RickG and Murphthemog looked like a packet of Opal Fruits standing together, Smiffy was rolling a fag and the laughter was ear bending.

Someone called out that Bobmac was ready to receive my £19.99 if I missed the putt, someone mentioned "this'll be going on the forum James" and there were a few 'Westwood' comments in the air..... :mad: everyone suddenly had car keys in their pockets and someone who looked like he belonged on the planet of the apes (Gibbo?) took the flag out.

I assumed he was my partner, I don't know how we'd played or what the actual score was but I knew it was for the win. I'd holed countless putts to win the Master and The Open on the practice ground in all my practice years.... I'd missed a few too:whistle:. I'd just seen Bubba miss a putt to win the Masters in regulation so I knew that putts don't always drop but dare I miss this one?

Looking up I saw Pieman give me the thumbs up and a cheeky wink :mad: then my brow dropped and the noise disappeared as I bent down and looked at the 14ft uphiller I left myself... mouths were still moving but there was no noise....

Right edge...

I picked out a tiny blade of grass about 3ft in front of the ball and took one practice stroke... "just don't grip too hard" I thought to myself and then drew back the putter........

It was in the moment it left the face.... travelling straight for 11 of the 14ft before turning softly left and dropping center cup!

Someone dressed like a pervy scout leader came running onto the green with his arms in the air... Murphthemog was grinning like his cat, ever the gent Smiffy called out "Well done son" and Pieman called out all too loudly "Awesome you knob!" :p .... the people vanished and I was there by myself again....

I picked my ball out of the hole, pocketed it and headed for the car.

If you're not there on the 29th for the forum meet... that's how it ends!! :thup::whistle:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice imagination,however i knew straight away it was not true.
Bob wouldnt have been in blue,because that would be the Whippersnappers,and hes
an oldfart and he would be in red.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Phew!

I thought it was that I could never hit a 5-wood that far..... and hit the green :whistle:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

That's it. No driver lesson for you at Woodhall :angry: ;)
Actually, I looked into my crystal ball and saw this

james.jpg

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Next week Justone tells who wins the Eurovision Song Contest and the North Korean General Elections!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
On that picture of him putting it looks like he should have a beret on and a string of onions around his neck.

At least he can putt.
How this went in I have no idea.

[video=youtube;L3LOa5jD0zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LOa5jD0zE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

D

Deleted member 1418

Looking up I saw Pieman give me the thumbs up and a cheeky wink
Thank god I read the ending to that incorrectly first time round! Note to self - skim reading posts on the forum is not advisable!!!