Thinking about buying Taylor Made Ghost white spider?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had the original incarnation and the itsy bitsy cousin and I liked it. OK it looks ugly but if definitely got the ball in the hole and I didn't twist it too much going back and through. In the end I wanted to get back to a more conventional style but its a good putter. Not used it in the white version but as putting is a personal thing anyway just go and try it and see how it looks/feels for you

Swiggi

Visit site
I have a Yes putter with a centre shaft and its a bit small and light really. When I bought it I was playing 4 times a week off 12. But now Im off 16 and playing only Sat comps. So the reason for change is that I want something thats forgiving and the reviews say it is.

My main issue is that my putting stroke is twisting, and as you've said it hopefully should keep it straight! I think Ill give it a go and see if its for me!

Thanks for the help.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
a putter is only as forgiving as the person swinging it. no putter IMO can make you a good or bad putter. If you got a wonky putting stroke you'll never put anyting away. Irons and drivers etc i believe can help but as for a putter im not so convinced

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
I have one and I am afraid that I am soon to be parting with it. It's okay but I don't really like looking down at it and prefer the traditional mallet putter.
But that is just my preference

Swiggi

Visit site
Other than the looks did it perform? I agree that the looks are a bit out there, as before my Yes I had the 2ball which was a good putter and removed a few strokes from the card and I thought that was different at the time! I did get used to it quite quickly though.

I tried the Ping craz-e today and like it. We will see tomorrow and Ill let you know! Think Im going for a thicker grip (Whinn) as that was on the Ping it tried and felt/performed good.

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one and love it, feels more stable to me and keeps more online than previous putter. After reducing the length I increased the weights to give a better feel. Not bothered what it looks like so long as it works for me.

Swiggi

Visit site
Update! Went for a white spider and got a traded in Itsy Bitsy spider for £10 plus my old Yes Amy centre shaft putter and love it already! Feels so much better and consistently took no more than 2 putts this morning after an hour! Well worth it!
Thanks for all the responses.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had one of its cousins, the Vicino spider and rated it highly.

The only thing I didn't like was the feel of the insert which didn't help when trying to lag putt.

I tried a Ghost spider during my fitting, but again the pure roll insert and me just didn't get on.