Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only one we wanted to try and do was Pym buffet and it was dreadful, the rest was just played by ear. A lot easier.

We have gone for hunters 2 of the nights and 1 night la grange or something. Basically buffet food around 6pm for the kids

The restaurants they say book up quick .. so got them just to make sure we don't miss out on the meal package

Our hotel has breakfast and we went for a bigger from that comes with a private breakfast so least can escape my parents for one meal 🤣

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On May 1st this year I resigned from my office job after being at the same company for 20 years. Staring at a computer for 8 hours a day had become hateful and I had to get out. Best decision I ever made. I’ve had the summer off, done loads of work around the house, and played lots of golf, but tomorrow I start my new job and at 62 will be back in an aircraft environment. Helicopters have been my life since 1978 when I left school and joined the navy, even the last 20 years spent in an office. Can’t wait to get back into a hangar 😁

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On May 1st this year I resigned from my office job after being at the same company for 20 years. Staring at a computer for 8 hours a day had become hateful and I had to get out. Best decision I ever made. I’ve had the summer off, done loads of work around the house, and played lots of golf, but tomorrow I start my new job and at 62 will be back in an aircraft environment. Helicopters have been my life since 1978 when I left school and joined the navy, even the last 20 years spent in an office. Can’t wait to get back into a hangar 😁
Who are you starting with? Worked previously with Draken at Bournemouth

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Going to the Barbican Theatre last night I had my first experience of the Barbican complex itself. Having been very aware of it during my years as an architecture student…I’d never been.

… now you may not like Brutalist architecture (in my experience most don’t understand it and don't) but I love it…and so to my eyes the Barbican is absolutely stunning. What a place.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Going to the Barbican Theatre last night I had my first experience of the Barbican complex itself. Having been very aware of it during my years as an architecture student…I’d never been.

… now you may not like Brutalist architecture (in my experience most don’t understand it and don't) but I love it…and so to my eyes the Barbican is absolutely stunning. What a place.
I do enjoy a bit of Brutalism. We did a very interesting contract at Trellick Tower last year and I got to explore all the nooks and crannies, the view from the redundant boiler house is fantastic, and all the old boilers are still in place reeking of oil!
People that live there love it but I’m glad to go home in the evening. 😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Daughter has let us know that she has just got engaged while on holiday in Italy with her b/f - who just so happens to be my club’s head pro and my coach…now that’s handy 😉

And oh yes…so pleased for our daughter…and he's a very nice - and lucky - lad 😍

With all the very difficult stuff going on in our life with wider family, this has come as a heartening delight to us, my wife especially.

Last edited:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Completing another full decade of Wisdens - want to get a full set back to the year I was born. The 80s and 90s are completed now - on the hunt for some of the early 70s without paying silly prices.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Daughter has let us know that she has just got engaged while on holiday in Italy with her b/f - who just so happens to be my club’s head pro and my coach…now that’s handy 😉

With all the very difficult stuff going on in our life with wider family, this has come as a heartening delight to us, my wife especially.

I hope he tucks his shirt in 😬🤣

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Was named head coach at the bowls club last week.

Led my first league squad coaching session today at the bowls club, supported by two other coaches. Qualified 10 months ago, and although I’ve ran about 20 sessions it’s predominantly been for new & relatively new bowlers. Today was up a couple of levels. Banging head after 2 hours but well chuffed with the buy-in.

Only two more to do then the league starts. Will the two club teams be more competitive, or will it be “you’re fired?”

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

Congratulations!

She is staying at my parents house on her holiday 😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our fantastic NHS and the resilience of my youngest. (For context her twin gets unsettled so easily.. still unsettled from finishing nursery in July and now starting school set her off again) Anyways took youngest for her 3 monthly eye check at the hospital yesterday. She has what we used to call lazy eye . So she took to glasses so well, just wore them. Now it's working but her left eye is weaker and they worried if they don't get it working if anything happens to the right she won't be able to drive. (Back in day people just lived with it)

So she has a patch 2 hours a day over the good eye to get the brain to use the left so it gets strong and then in a year or so she can stop.

Didn't like the patch at first. "Can't see dad" "can I take off yet" on the bus home. She's only 4 bless her

Today put on 8am. 10am rather than get her teacher to take off we said just send her to my wife (as she works in the school anyways) my wife said she came in, took it off for her and she goes "thanks mum" and runs off to play again.

Guess how easy she is to deal with makes up for her twin