Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, isn't the liter an awfully small measuring unit to use for petrol/gasoline ?
A liter is roughly like a quart, no?
How far can you go on that?

Wouldn't the gallon be more practical?
You bolted the EU for whatever reason---
certainly none of my business to be sure--
so you needn't stick yourself with metric system protocols, need you?
Back in the Olden days you used to buy a gallon of fuel. That would have been leaded gas. Then the powers that be decided to change to fuel by the litre and tax according. And also increase the price accordingly. I paid today £1.33 a ltr for unleaded. There’s about 5 ltrs in a uk gallon so that’s about £6.60 a gallon. 🤬

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back in the Olden days you used to buy a gallon of fuel. That would have been leaded gas. Then the powers that be decided to change to fuel by the litre and tax according. And also increase the price accordingly. I paid today £1.33 a ltr for unleaded. There’s about 5 ltrs in a uk gallon so that’s about £6.60 a gallon. 🤬
Where are you getting that price, 6p a litre more over here

Tashyboy

Visit site
Where are you getting that price, 6p a litre more over here
Local ASDA. It’s the first time I have put unleaded in my car for a decade or two. Certainly cheaper than diesel.
Just looked on an app I have. Petrol prices. Morrisons is cheapest at £132.7, Tesco £132.9. ASDA £133.7

Cheapest diesel is £136.7 at Morrisons

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Local ASDA. It’s the first time I have put unleaded in my car for a decade or two. Certainly cheaper than diesel.
Just looked on an app I have. Petrol prices. Morrisons is cheapest at £132.7, Tesco £132.9. ASDA £133.7

Cheapest diesel is £136.7 at Morrisons
There is a Morrisons in the town where I live. Diesel is £1.43. There is also one where I work, £1.42. Both way over the one near you 🤬

Tashyboy

Visit site
There is a Morrisons in the town where I live. Diesel is £1.43. There is also one where I work, £1.42. Both way over the one near you 🤬
Download the petrol
Prices app and see what’s the lowest in your area. I await with baited breathe. Am sure DFT Mentioned it a day or so ago re cheap prices.
Yup
Post 11770.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Don't they use that revenue to subsidize public transportation, however?

Your public transportation is substantially better than ours.
In fact, public transportation is almost non-existent in the interior of America.
The politicians from there block attempts to establish wide covering modern rail in our nation.
We had good rail a hundred years ago, but almost nothing now.

My concern about the liter is how small it is as a unit of measurement.

Of course, concerns about conservation and the environment and safety have totally emasculated the American motorcar.
Technologically, it's advanced, but the classic big American touring sedan with 7 or 8 liter V8 engine is history...and I miss it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Download the petrol
Prices app and see what’s the lowest in your area. I await with baited breathe. Am sure DFT Mentioned it a day or so ago re cheap prices.
Yup
Post 11770.
Within 5 miles, the cheapest is 141.7. Still rubbish 😠. Can you extend the range or are you limited to 5 miles? I could always change the location I guess.

Good app though, I'll use that 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Don't they use that revenue to subsidize public transportation, however?

Your public transportation is substantially better than ours.
In fact, public transportation is almost non-existent in the interior of America.
The politicians from there block attempts to establish wide covering modern rail in our nation.
We had good rail a hundred years ago, but almost nothing now.

My concern about the liter is how small it is as a unit of measurement.

Of course, concerns about conservation and the environment and safety have totally emasculated the American motorcar.
Technologically, it's advanced, but the classic big American touring sedan with 7 or 8 liter V8 engine is history...and I miss it.
Re the size of the litre and costs. It’s probably cheaper now than it has been for an age. 1 ltr engines in cars are becoming more the norm and are quite good re economy. Having driven in America. Some of the vehicles are huge, and as you say to travel some distance as the public transport is rammel. Although I did travel from New York to Boston via Train and that was good and also Boston to Plymouth Plantation via Greyhound bus and that was good.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Booked Disneyland Paris for next year with my parents, sister etc

Noticed my passport even though expires sept 25 was issued Jan 15 so will need new one

Litterally 5 minutes on the HMRC website I had completed the application, paid the fee and using my smart phones camera (face on as nobody home) I had completed my application

Then went on royal mail and paid for postage for My old passport

They were coming today to take something for Amazon back (as I'm waiting in for a freezer anyways) and they happily scanned and took the passport off.

Very simple and efficient

We went in February half term last year, me and the wife loved it...kids said the Five Guys we had for tea one night was their favourite but.
We've got one of those half hour from the house.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We went in February half term last year, me and the wife loved it...kids said the Five Guys we had for tea one night was their favourite but.
We've got one of those half hour from the house.

Trying to get everyone to agree on where to go for dinner is a pain in the butt as going with my parents and sister

We going on the Disney cruise just as the 5 of us in the summer and it seems so much more relaxed

PaulMdj

Visit site
I was cruising along the one and only time I've done that one, nailed on for my first sub 2hour half....and the John Reid road gobbled me up and spat me out a cramping mess in 2hours 14mins 🤣
It’s a pig and rained for virtually all of todays run😂😂
Better that than bright sunshine though.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Trying to get everyone to agree on where to go for dinner is a pain in the butt as going with my parents and sister

We going on the Disney cruise just as the 5 of us in the summer and it seems so much more relaxed

The only one we wanted to try and do was Pym buffet and it was dreadful, the rest was just played by ear. A lot easier.