Things That Gladden The Heart

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In Yorkshire for a few days visiting family, primarily for the wedding of my eldest niece yesterday, at a venue just outside York. Great day out and a chance to wear a suit and look smart for a change. Sadly this could probably be the last great big family social get together that we get to enjoy with my sister and parents present. (Both my parents are in their mid 80’s and are slowly succumbing to the ailments that come with old age, and are quite frail).😢

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
In Yorkshire for a few days visiting family, primarily for the wedding of my eldest niece yesterday, at a venue just outside York. Great day out and a chance to wear a suit and look smart for a change. Sadly this could probably be the last great big family social get together that we get to enjoy with my sister and parents present. (Both my parents are in their mid 80’s and are slowly succumbing to the ailments that come with old age, and are quite frail).😢

Make the most of it. There comes a time when the effort is just a bit too much for our ageing parents :-(

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
“Sometimes you will never know the value of something, until it becomes a memory.”
― Dr. Seuss

Seriously never a truer word said. Enjoy it and take lots of photos.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely day out in a beach hut down Walton on the Naze today . We normally go for my mum's bday and it's around the twins bday so just fits in however with grandad passing yesterday a lot of my dad's family tagged along which made it really nice day out

Always good with more people for the kids to play with lol

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Lovely day out in a beach hut down Walton on the Naze today . We normally go for my mum's bday and it's around the twins bday so just fits in however with grandad passing yesterday a lot of my dad's family tagged along which made it really nice day out

Love Walton, used to love seeing the kids enjoying the same rides I used to go on when I was their age! Also a cracking beach. 😊

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Love Walton, used to love seeing the kids enjoying the same rides I used to go on when I was their age! Also a cracking beach. 😊
Yep...Walton is lovely, years ago a load of mates and I and our various girlfriends, wives and whoever we had woken up with that morning would head off from down in darkest Essex (Lakeside area) up to Walton for a day out. Lounging on the beach, cricket until the tide came in, then whatever format of a bat and ball game was most suitable until the water reached our necks, food and a beer in the pub, walk along the pier and then finish off on the small fair that seemed ever present which had the fastest Waltzer I've ever been on anywhere in Britain...I swear that half the bolts were loosened to make it go faster!!!

Happy days.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep...Walton is lovely, years ago a load of mates and I and our various girlfriends, wives and whoever we had woken up with that morning would head off from down in darkest Essex (Lakeside area) up to Walton for a day out. Lounging on the beach, cricket until the tide came in, then whatever format of a bat and ball game was most suitable until the water reached our necks, food and a beer in the pub, walk along the pier and then finish off on the small fair that seemed ever present which had the fastest Waltzer I've ever been on anywhere in Britain...I swear that half the bolts were loosened to make it go faster!!!

Happy days.

it really is a lovely place. we try and rent this same beach hut this time of year. think this is out 3rd year now (was my idea, wife hates me for it lol but I thought "somewhere to change the kids") I end up cooking everyone bacon rolls when we arrive in the hut.. whilst everyone builds sandcastles or runs in the sea

last year we timed the tide bad (ended up going the pool) so this year we made sure it was on the way out not in.

kids go there a lot on their "girls holidays" with nanny and mummy... which its real name is "dad needs to decorate something get the kids away for a week"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm on a train to Edinburgh with my wife. For the first time in a long time, we got on the train and no one was sat in our, reserved, seats 😀.

No face off where someone takes the hump at being asked to move, no stress. There's always the way back but phase 1, a success 😄.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Happy days.
it really is a lovely place. we try and rent this same beach hut this time of year. think this is out 3rd year now (was my idea, wife hates me for it lol but I thought "somewhere to change the kids") I end up cooking everyone bacon rolls when we arrive in the hut.. whilst everyone builds sandcastles or runs in the sea

last year we timed the tide bad (ended up going the pool) so this year we made sure it was on the way out not in.

kids go there a lot on their "girls holidays" with nanny and mummy... which its real name is "dad needs to decorate something get the kids away for a week"
Happy memories as kids spending the whole day on the beach with mum and dad, swimming, sand castles, mum fetching big trays of tea from the cafe to go with the sandwiches she made (made with real sand I remember!) then an hour or so at the end of the day in the amusements, always finishing with the noisy and terrifying Ghost Train! 😀

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

With respect PJ87, you mentioned "Grandad passing", and just seemed to carry on without any further thought.
Sorry if I read that wrong and also for your loss.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With respect PJ87, you mentioned "Grandad passing", and just seemed to carry on without any further thought.
Sorry if I read that wrong and also for your loss.

No you are correct, he passed Thursday afternoon less than 24 hours after going into the home for end of life care. Thank you for the kind words

Just carrying on as normal . He wasn't a well man. He isn't in pain now 👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Kynren yesterday. It is a fantastic show. More or less everyone off the site now so the ducks have been let loose.

Attachments

• IMG_2547.jpeg
    IMG_2547.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1