Things That Gladden The Heart

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
A few days off work, off to the coast tomorrow once my daughter has finished gym for the week, well needed after a very busy period at work.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a great time watching Despicable Me 4, even though my daughter pronounces popcorn with the first P and the C the wrong way around...
Watched it the other day with the kids, some of the humour reminds me of old school British comedy like dad’s army, faulty towers. Just laughing at stupid things. 😂👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a good bank holiday weekend. In fact it has been very very good.
Friday, road trip to Mablethorpe with the grandkids. They loved the simplistic beach walk. Fish and chips. Slot machines etc etc.
Saturday, sis in laws belated 60th birthdays bash with family and friends.
Today, a 40th birthday bash at edwinstowe cricket club. What a venue. And another day with friends and family.

When I think of all the 12 hr shifts I have done over the years and missed out. This bank holiday has been a stonker. It kinda emphasises how important it is to have parties under the right environment not just funerals.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Oasis concerts next year, massive part of my younger life, just great times with the boys and their songs were instrumental in that.
Hotel booked, hard part will be getting tickets I’d imagine.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Oasis concerts next year, massive part of my younger life, just great times with the boys and their songs were instrumental in that.
Hotel booked, hard part will be getting tickets I’d imagine.

I have no idea for concerts but I know football matches (euros etc) are often 'beamed' to spectator zones for those without tickets i.e the town sq etc) Has this been done/would it work for a concert too?

Going further why couldn't oasis and the likes Taylor swift etc beam their concerts to a couple of dozens football stadiums around the country and make even more money?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have no idea for concerts but I know football matches (euros etc) are often 'beamed' to spectator zones for those without tickets i.e the town sq etc) Has this been done/would it work for a concert too?

Going further why couldn't oasis and the likes Taylor swift etc beam their concerts to a couple of dozens football stadiums around the country and make even more money?
Scarcity of live tickets means they can ask a lot more. Besides the cost of hiring, staffing and management of other venues may make it less than worthwhile.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a great 4 days in St Andrews…though I wish my wife had been with me when I had a long conversation with a local lady attending the golf with her hubby. Though only having retired there a couple of years ago they are loving it and she was extolling the virtues and merits of living there…telling me the tourism (golf and other) is ok to live with and not really that disruptive to life.

And she did mention her husband’s St Andrews Links membership; how little it cost him, and often how he could simply bowl up to the OC starters hut and find himself slotted in with a two or three ball. Now…where were we going to move to on retiring 🤔

All that said…the 🌬️🌬️ and ☔☔️ …hmmm.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a great 4 days in St Andrews…though I wish my wife had been with me when I had a long conversation with a local lady attending the golf with her hubby. Though only having retired there a couple of years ago they are loving it and she was extolling the virtues and merits of living there…telling me the tourism (golf and other) is ok to live with and not really that disruptive to life.

And she did mention her husband’s St Andrews Links membership; how little it cost him, and often how he could simply bowl up to the OC starters hut and find himself slotted in with a two or three ball. Now…where were we going to move to on retiring 🤔

All that said…the 🌬️🌬️ and ☔☔️ …hmmm.

Love the idea but the weather would do for me. Long, dark winters too.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Love the idea but the weather would do for me. Long, dark winters too.
Winters would do it for me. I hate it down south so I think I'd find it soul destroying up there. I am lucky and finish most days around 3.30-3.45 so always manage even in the shortest days to just get a bit of daylight. Nothing worse than going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark as well

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I recently got a 10in tablet which is great but...it's touchscreen if you can reach it, which I often cant.

So delighted when I learned I could connect a USB Type C to USB A 3.0 Adapter to it's charging port and plug in a normal mouse dongle.
Perfick :)