Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Graft and earn money, great. Not paying tax on that huge wedge, not great. That's before we touch the multiple driving offences.......
I’m not condoning any of it, but do you not think that the previous judges have looked into her specific circumstances and decided that it would serve no purpose locking her up?

I’m more in favour of people that know the ins and outs of her case making judgments than trial by social media.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not condoning any of it, but do you not think that the previous judges have looked into her specific circumstances and decided that it would serve no purpose locking her up?

I’m more in favour of people that know the ins and outs of her case making judgments than trial by social media.
Locking up people is generally best avoided unless someone is a danger to others. Keeping someone in prison is expensive and as we know, we are running out of room. An argument could be made that her driving offences should have landed her there, persistent ignoring of the law, but it didn't happen.

Her current predicament is less about the debt, hugely offensive though it is, and more about her contempt of court. She doesn't seem to think the laws apply to her and judges, quite rightly don't like that. If someone consistently ignores the courts, judges requests etc then there reaches a point when inside you go 🤷🏻‍♂️. This is entirely on her, it's of her own making.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Locking up people is generally best avoided unless someone is a danger to others. Keeping someone in prison is expensive and as we know, we are running out of room. An argument could be made that her driving offences should have landed her there, persistent ignoring of the law, but it didn't happen.

Her current predicament is less about the debt, hugely offensive though it is, and more about her contempt of court. She doesn't seem to think the laws apply to her and judges, quite rightly don't like that. If someone consistently ignores the courts, judges requests etc then there reaches a point when inside you go 🤷🏻‍♂️. This is entirely on her, it's of her own making.
I do think she will be given some prison time this time, I think the court will have no choice given the blatant contempt she has shown. Wheather it will satisfy the mob is another matter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Olympians who have chosen to attend the event in London this morning to inspire kids to try sport. Hats off to them as I'm sure they'd rather journey home last night and have their feet up.
Saw Katherine Grainger on BBC breakfast with some kids at an event and the kids had been there since 6.00am and looked to be really having a good time

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I do think she will be given some prison time this time, I think the court will have no choice given the blatant contempt she has shown. Wheather it will satisfy the mob is another matter.
…and what happens with her son whilst she is serving time…and I’m not suggesting that she may have been using her son’s circumstances as a reason for her not being locked up…as some might do. But a judge might make such a consideration.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
…and what happens with her son whilst she is serving time…and I’m not suggesting that she may have been using her son’s circumstances as a reason for her not being locked up…as some might do. But a judge might make such a consideration.
Did she have him with her when she was away and missing her court appearance?
If not then he can continue to be cared for by whoever was caring for him.
If he was then whoever cares for him when she's not can do it....I guarantee she's not with him 24/7

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Left Royal Mail a note on my front door asking if he would drop of my package down at my work address, he delivered it 10 mins ago, absolutely delighted.
Always try and get my Golf stuff delivered when I'm at work so it goes under the radar at home 😂
Why not change the delivery address on your order?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If he was then whoever cares for him when she's not can do it....I guarantee she's not with him 24/7
Hence the might in the final sentence of my post.👍

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Maybe Dwight Yorke steps up? 🙄