Things That Gladden The Heart

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is last week and this as roadworks in the centre of town have closed one of the main access roads…
Apparently South Street is going to be shut for a couple of weeks as well - carnage. However, as this is Things That Gladden Your Heart, the new Brightwell development is very nice and once all of the new restaurants are in, will be a nice place to get something to eat

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
This isn't the first scandal of this type and so I hope the pressure will be on the FCA to be seen to actually do something
Timings being pushed back...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’ve booked into a wooden hut for the weekend up in Northumberland, just across from Burgham Park GC actually. Wonderful wonderful place 😎
@Lord Tyrion you playing tomorrow? I may be lurking in the trees 🤣
I knew you'd be there so I'm leaving the country, literally 😂.

Are you on the Burgham side of the A1?

Weather is looking good for you. If you need an escape you can always pop in to the club for a pint. Non golfers are very welcome 👍

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I knew you'd be there so I'm leaving the country, literally 😂.

Are you on the Burgham side of the A1?

Weather is looking good for you. If you need an escape you can always pop in to the club for a pint. Non golfers are very welcome 👍

No the other side of the A1, Earsdon and Widdrington Station look to be the nearest places I’ve heard of.
I’ll run it by the missus, I’ll tell her it’s the place of one of my finest hours 🙌🏻🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No the other side of the A1, Earsdon and Widdrington Station look to be the nearest places I’ve heard of.
I’ll run it by the missus, I’ll tell her it’s the place of one of my finest hours 🙌🏻🤣
The Northumberland Arms in Felton is very nice. If you are close to the A1, the pub in the holiday lodges / caravan place, Felmoor?, is okay. Not flash but might be within walking distance?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Northumberland Arms in Felton is very nice. If you are close to the A1, the pub in the holiday lodges / caravan place, Felmoor?, is okay. Not flash but might be within walking distance?

I’ve got food covered thanks, steaks cooked over the fire pit soon and some pit beans have been prepped for tomorrow evening 👌
Tonight is mainly about drinking champagne 🤣

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Thread locked pending a good bleaching.

Guys, you are responsible for the content you post up. Please see forum guidelines. The Twitter links may be posted up in all innocence but be aware of the swearing and further links posted in the replies to the Twitter post you’ve posted up.

Ref the Rudyard Kipling poem. Please be aware that in White Supremacist circles it is known as “The Wrath of the Awakened Saxon.” And in some circles is considered a call to arms. It absolutely isn’t welcome on the forum, innocent or otherwise.

There’s been a number of posts in the last couple of weeks that have got very close to the bone in terms of racism & casual racism.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dog walks taking about an extra half hour at the moment to allow me to scoff on the thousands of ripe sweet Blackberries on our walks. Absolutely delicious they are! 😋

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently South Street is going to be shut for a couple of weeks as well - carnage. However, as this is Things That Gladden Your Heart, the new Brightwell development is very nice and once all of the new restaurants are in, will be a nice place to get something to eat
It’s only taken 20yrs…but a few shots from being in town this morning…nearly done

IMG_2324.jpegIMG_2322.jpegIMG_2321.jpeg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We had to miss the MotoGP at Silverstone this year as it clashed with my granddaughters first birthday party. They announced yesterday that they have changed the date to the last weekend in May. Straight on to the IHG site and I was able to book my hotel in a King Size suite using my IHG points before all the prices rocketed up. 👍😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mother in law txt me yesterday

"Hope your enjoying your golf" always a lovely start to a message . Of course I am lol 🤣

She's going to have the kids for a weekend so me and the wife can go away.

Hilton booked, managed to use clubcard vouchers aswell so only had to pay the tax for 2 nights not bad at all.

Now just got to plan what to do whilst we in town. Take in a show maybe 🤔