Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It is amazing how things turn around a few years back none of the local charity shops would take books - nobody buys them was the reason given. Getting back in to reading books must be a lockdown thing.
We have a good turnover of books in our cafe…plus we have a splendid Oxfam Bookshop in town that is always busy.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We have a good turnover of books in our cafe…plus we have a splendid Oxfam Bookshop in town that is always busy.
Oxfam bookshops are the best. I collect Dandy annuals, plus combined Beano and Dandy annuals. I found one in the oxfam shop at Oban that I had not got. I thought I had won the lottery. 😁👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Love island has announced its winners. Not gonna spoil it by naming the winners. 😉

It means I don’t have that shower of manure on in the background for the next two months.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Getting confirmation that the last car we had via a Ford dealer and financed by Black Horse was subject to a DCA and so we will be entitled to a refund. Anything is better than nothing and as it was a decent size per month x 4 years hoping it will be a reasonable figure. Irrespective of the background glad it seems to be going through without too many hoops to jump through

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting confirmation that the last car we had via a Ford dealer and financed by Black Horse was subject to a DCA and so we will be entitled to a refund. Anything is better than nothing and as it was a decent size per month x 4 years hoping it will be a reasonable figure. Irrespective of the background glad it seems to be going through without too many hoops to jump through

I thought all claims were on hold pending the FCA decision at the end of September. Certainly mine with Santander is and that is the reason given.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not what our Black Horse letter said but I am not expecting a cheque anytime soon

We write further to the complaint you have raised with us in relation to a Discretionary Commission Arrangement (“DCA”). We are contacting you by email as this is the received method of contact. Emails are not always secure, but we have been careful not to include any sensitive information.

As previously confirmed, a DCA was in place between us and the broker of your finance agreement at the time you entered into your agreement with us.

We will continue to investigate your complaint, however, as a result of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (“FCA”) pause on complaints handling, we won’t be able to provide you with a final response until 25th September 2024 at the earliest.

We aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible once this pause has been lifted by the FCA. You don’t need to take any further action whilst this pause is in place, and we will be in touch with you later on in the year.

In the meantime, you can find further information on the FCA’s website about the work the FCA are undertaking, what a DCA is and how the rules may affect you. Please visit:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We write further to the complaint you have raised with us in relation to a Discretionary Commission Arrangement (“DCA”). We are contacting you by email as this is the received method of contact. Emails are not always secure, but we have been careful not to include any sensitive information.

As previously confirmed, a DCA was in place between us and the broker of your finance agreement at the time you entered into your agreement with us.

We will continue to investigate your complaint, however, as a result of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (“FCA”) pause on complaints handling, we won’t be able to provide you with a final response until 25th September 2024 at the earliest.

We aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible once this pause has been lifted by the FCA. You don’t need to take any further action whilst this pause is in place, and we will be in touch with you later on in the year.

In the meantime, you can find further information on the FCA’s website about the work the FCA are undertaking, what a DCA is and how the rules may affect you. Please visit:
Where was that taken from? We received an actual letter and not an email (although they had HID's email address)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As we are nearer next Christmas than last Christmas, I thought I would treat myself to a mince pie or two.
Thank you to the person who commented on here that freezing mince pies was possible (y)
I have 4 left in the freezer, not bad to still have some left by this time of year. I have rationed myself to one per week, on a Friday, break time at work 😋 . Freezing is a game changer.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
See what happens in due course then. I am assuming if they have admitted the loan had DCA added then we will get something at some point. Every little helps (and if I get the wife in a weak moment maybe some golf gear from it)

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure whether this simply gladdens the heart or whether there should be another category called minor miracles.

We have a new town centre retail, service and residential development being built, with one side of it running along the main road into town. It is nearing completion and the pavement along the main road is being widened - significantly - both sides. Almost unbelievable as it might seen…the contractors are working on it weekends and evenings, as well as during the day. 😳
Farnham is a mess at the moment and difficult to get into

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
See what happens in due course then. I am assuming if they have admitted the loan had DCA added then we will get something at some point. Every little helps (and if I get the wife in a weak moment maybe some golf gear from it)

Not necessarily, the FCA assessment of the overall position is to ascertain whether there was an issue with these loans and hence all complaints are on hold. If the FCA says there is an issue then you may receive a payment, if the FCA say there is no issue then all of these claims will be cancelled.

4LEX

Visit site
Not necessarily, the FCA assessment of the overall position is to ascertain whether there was an issue with these loans and hence all complaints are on hold. If the FCA says there is an issue then you may receive a payment, if the FCA say there is no issue then all of these claims will be cancelled.

I've got a decent pay out pending but I do wonder if the FCA will be under pressure to brush it under the carpet as it will amount to a serious amount of money. Apparently it's all been set aside but I have little faith in the FCA.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Don’t know if this should be posted in things that gladden the heart or random irritations. But been to a meeting tonight re the mineworkers pension fund. Bottom line we are getting 19% increase on our pension in October. Furthermore there is £1.6 billion in a reserve fund which could well be given back to the miners. That will mean another 30% on our pensions. Successive governments have robbed the miners blind since 1993 and thousands of miners have died without getting a fair pension.
That said, listening to some miners tonight some are still selfish thickos.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got a decent pay out pending but I do wonder if the FCA will be under pressure to brush it under the carpet as it will amount to a serious amount of money. Apparently it's all been set aside but I have little faith in the FCA.
This isn't the first scandal of this type and so I hope the pressure will be on the FCA to be seen to actually do something