Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My test results and the NHS today. Last mammogram showed an anomoly. 10 days later I'm back at the clinic for further tests. Tad worrying. Appointment at 2pm - just after I'm having a different type of mammogram. That was reviewed immediately and then 10 minutes later I'm having an ultrasound scan. He turns the machine off with a "all perfectly normal" and at 2.30pm I skip out of the clinic.

It has its flaws but when it works the NHS is amazing.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My test results and the NHS today. Last mammogram showed an anomoly. 10 days later I'm back at the clinic for further tests. Tad worrying. Appointment at 2pm - just after I'm having a different type of mammogram. That was reviewed immediately and then 10 minutes later I'm having an ultrasound scan. He turns the machine off with a "all perfectly normal" and at 2.30pm I skip out of the clinic.

Glad to hear that.

I had a procedure on the NHS in November, got an appointment in October to see if it's worked. They're just so over worked but it's an incredible service.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glad to hear that.

I had a procedure on the NHS in November, got an appointment in October to see if it's worked. They're just so over worked but it's an incredible service.

Best of luck. I think there are specialities, breast cancer being one, where a heap of resource is dedicated and other issues less so.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The developer working on the house across the road has just given me about 70-80 books all in great condition for my church cafe charity bookstall. Good man. Looking through them I get the impression they would all have belonged to his ex and he’s clearing his house 🙄

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure whether this simply gladdens the heart or whether there should be another category called minor miracles.

We have a new town centre retail, service and residential development being built, with one side of it running along the main road into town. It is nearing completion and the pavement along the main road is being widened - significantly - both sides. Almost unbelievable as it might seen…the contractors are working on it weekends and evenings, as well as during the day. 😳

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Only just seen this,happy days 🙌☺️

PaulMdj

Visit site
Lived on the NE Coast for 19 years, had Obi 🐾 for just over 3 years and out walking him tonight saw more Dolphins at once than I’ve ever seen.

Must of been 25-35 of them spread out over half a mile, poor Obi got fed up me standing there watching them leaping out of the water.

Must of been a good size shoal of fish to attract that many. 🐬🐬

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lived on the NE Coast for 19 years, had Obi 🐾 for just over 3 years and out walking him tonight saw more Dolphins at once than I’ve ever seen.

Must of been 25-35 of them spread out over half a mile, poor Obi got fed up me standing there watching them leaping out of the water.

Must of been a good size shoal of fish to attract that many. 🐬🐬
I think it's mackerel time at the moment. My BiL goes fishing in his kayak off alnmouth and when it's the season there are just masses of them.

Brilliant to see. All these years up here and it's like the Northern Lights, everyone else see them, I never do 🙄

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think it's mackerel time at the moment. My BiL goes fishing in his kayak off alnmouth and when it's the season there are just masses of them.

Brilliant to see. All these years up here and it's like the Northern Lights, everyone else see them, I never do 🙄
Aaaaawwwww sure you’ll see them one day pal 😢