Things That Gladden The Heart

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My daughter (who does not live with me got bitten by a false widow spider sitting on the 'visitors' sofa. We realised that the underside of the sofa was infested with spiders so it got a very thorough clean of the underside.

Having done that she still said she would not sit on it again so I decided to sell it of FB - gone within a day.

Digging out the paperwork to throw away I realised I had just sold it for only £30 less than I paid for it. (thought i had paid £200 more for it but that was the presale price)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My daughter (who does not live with me got bitten by a false widow spider sitting on the 'visitors' sofa. We realised that the underside of the sofa was infested with spiders so it got a very thorough clean of the underside.

Having done that she still said she would not sit on it again so I decided to sell it of FB - gone within a day.

Digging out the paperwork to throw away I realised I had just sold it for only £30 less than I paid for it. (thought i had paid £200 more for it but that was the presale price)
The WEB is good for selling things :ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Amazingly tight lawn bowls match last night.
Eleven ends won with one point each end
Sadly we only won the last two ends. Losing 9-2

Cracking game Doon. We’re down to 14 ends in the roll ups. We’re out of season and pushing 30* in the shade by lunchtime, around 40* in the sun. 14 end pairs roll up this morning, and a 15-11 win.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was clearing leaves last autumn the sucker got blocked. So I just raked up and put the blower away to sort out when it was warmer … don’t do cold mechanics.
Just pulled it apart removed the blockage, fired it up and it’s all tickety boo ..

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cracking game Doon. We’re down to 14 ends in the roll ups. We’re out of season and pushing 30* in the shade by lunchtime, around 40* in the sun. 14 end pairs roll up this morning, and a 15-11 win.
I got a telling off from the Sec for being late with playing my seniors match KO.
Quite surprised as I thought I was out of all KO matches
Anyway managed to fit in the match against a better player.
17-16 to me after 23 ends. (y)
Lost 21-17 (n)

In bright sunshine and 21 degrees (y)
Pre Open at Troon.;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing makes you more happy as a parent then your kids happy.

One of my twins is a lot harder to settle into new things than her sister. So to be told yesterday that my eldests current teacher is going to be her teacher next year was great. Everytime I pick eldest up (not often as the wife works in her class) I take the twins in and they play with the kids until my wife finishes so we been getting her used to the school. So for her to be their teacher will help her (plus her and my wife are drinking buddy's so always helpful lol)

Then today find out one of eldests friends , his little sister is in their class aswell. They both love her, play with her at pick up and parties so again that will really help the harder twin to settle.

September will be a challenge but with a teacher she already likes and a friend in the class already it shouldn't take as long as nursery did for her to feel comfortable. ❤️