Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dishwasher finally broke yesterday, now people may think "wrong thread that's irritating" indeed it is..however we have lived here 10 years. It was left for us by the owners (with other bits) it's the last thing left really. It's done well! I've been eyeing up one with a draw for the cutlery for ages but refuse to throw away a working dishwasher.

So tomorrow the new one arrives, added bonus it is more efficient aswell

Only about a day washing up as it had finished yesterday before it gave up

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the first time since the separation I have just booked a 3 day gig/festival for March next year. No idea who I am going with but I want to go and so I have 8 months to find someone or I am going alone. Learning to live my life the way I want, with someone or without. Anyone going to the anniversary Shiine On Weekender in Skeg in March next year, I may need company at the bar :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so proud of eldest.

Farewell to rainbows tonight (becomes a brownie in September) she got a special gold award for doing all the badges. The first rainbow in the groups history to get that (does help when nanny is brown owl so does the badges with her)

She was so proud bless her.

Twins will start end of the year ... Ones excited.. the normal pain in the bum twin is ofc "I don't want to go" shouted at top of voice

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There will never be bad profiteroles or Crème Brûlée .. they may differ they may not be made as well as others .. but they will still be enjoyed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of the joys of travel is the culinary delights one comes across. The latest offering comes from Scotland. Killie pies. I smuggled through customs 4 x Killie Pies. There is now 3 left. They are a thing of beauty.
Say Aye to a Killie pie.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Missis Ts birthday today. Ended the day at a pub called Carpenters Arms in Walesby Notts. It’s an Italian restaurant. Sweet lord it’s one of the best meals I have had in this country and certainly the best Italian i have had.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
White vinegar, nothing like coming back to work after a nice break and bringing some in to descale the kettles for the crew.

Nice clean kettles again.

Beautiful

Tashyboy

Visit site
Missis Ts birthday today. Ended the day at a pub called Carpenters Arms in Walesby Notts. It’s an Italian restaurant. Sweet lord it’s one of the best meals I have had in this country and certainly the best Italian i have had.
A pal that put me onto the place, sent me a txt asking how it went. He told me that midweek they do £10 meals I. A drink, £13 meals inc a drink and £15 meals inc a drink. Will deffo be back at that price.. 😳👍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just googled it,50 min drive for me.
The mrs loves a lasagna so we’ll give it a go.
On your head if she doesn’t like it Tashy boy 😜

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Thanks Tashy, only 30 miles away so within easy distance and been looking at potential date venues away from my village.

Tashyboy

Visit site
When I go to visit my Ma - who doesn't live too far from Walesby - it's often the Carpenters we go to. It's good.
I didnt know until I had booked it but it has been nominated as one of the best restaurants in the East Midlands. 😳👍

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It was the towns carnival this week

The daughters school were doing Alice Wonderland and they spent weeks decorating the float

Then all the kids were put into a hat to see who would be part of it on the day and my daughter and three of her friends were picked

She went as Queen of Hearts and they had a brilliant time -

And now just found out they won the prize for the best float 👏👏

To say well done we went to the park yesterday where she promptly fell off the zip line , lost a tooth ( that was due to fall out ) , fat lip and sore ankle this morning 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

But she had ice cream and loved it 😂