Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to golf club this morning with wifey whom is learning to play golf. She hit about 40 balls down the range whilst I did a bit of chipping and talking to mates that were warming up before going out to play. Then up the club for a breakfast. Then home for a relaxing afternoon on the patio with a couple of cold ones whilst reading.

This decent weather, finally, just makes life so much better!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the best things about not having a "proper" job is that you can randomly decide at 3pm to have a cocktail party in the garden on a Monday afternoon. Had the neighbours round and younger son invited his friends round for a pool party. Such a good evening. And a BBQ arranged for tomorrow before the football.

Attachments

• IMG_20240624_162610~2.jpg
    IMG_20240624_162610~2.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240624_184116~3.jpg
    IMG_20240624_184116~3.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 12
D

Deleted member 29109

Where’s this from?
Made it myself last night. I’d never heard of it until someone mentioned it to me at the weekend.

Flattened out a piece of ribeye.

Dipped in egg wash, then flour mix (self raising flour, salt, pepper, garlic granules, smoked paprika and oregano). Then double dip in the same.

Deep fry at 180° for 5 minutes.

Delicious

IMG_8083.jpeg

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Some of you will have read the posts in Random Irritations about a friend who had been ill for a couple of weeks short of a year. Yesterday was his memorial service. His elderly parents, both in their 70’s, had been desperately worried that there might only be half a dozen in attendance.

By the time the service started it was standing room only. The service itself was a blend of religious, for those of that inclination, and non-religious for those that weren’t. A story that raised more than a chuckle. Ben had other genetic health issues that sometimes saw him march to a different tune. He was at Holy Communion earlier this year. The vicar handed him the cup of wine… “cheers Vic,” and he downed the lot.

The wake afterwards saw around 60 people in attendance. As driver, general dog’s body and toastmaster for the day I got to start the proceedings off with a very brief speech. In deference to the day I kept the speech brief and, reasonably, clean. It set the tone for the afternoon. Understandably, we had tears but we had a hoot too.

The room started to empty after about 4 hours only for about 20 of us to retire to the terrace for a couple of hours. What a great day for a great man!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some of you will have read the posts in Random Irritations about a friend who had been ill for a couple of weeks short of a year. Yesterday was his memorial service. His elderly parents, both in their 70’s, had been desperately worried that there might only be half a dozen in attendance.

By the time the service started it was standing room only. The service itself was a blend of religious, for those of that inclination, and non-religious for those that weren’t. A story that raised more than a chuckle. Ben had other genetic health issues that sometimes saw him march to a different tune. He was at Holy Communion earlier this year. The vicar handed him the cup of wine… “cheers Vic,” and he downed the lot.

The wake afterwards saw around 60 people in attendance. As driver, general dog’s body and toastmaster for the day I got to start the proceedings off with a very brief speech. In deference to the day I kept the speech brief and, reasonably, clean. It set the tone for the afternoon. Understandably, we had tears but we had a hoot too.

The room started to empty after about 4 hours only for about 20 of us to retire to the terrace for a couple of hours. What a great day for a great man!

Sounds a wonderful send off and hopefully brought you and his friends and family some comfort. I like to think he was looking down and maybe thinking "crikey, who knew I made such an impression".

Morfeen75

Visit site
Made it myself last night. I’d never heard of it until someone mentioned it to me at the weekend.

Flattened out a piece of ribeye.

Dipped in egg wash, then flour mix (self raising flour, salt, pepper, garlic granules, smoked paprika and oregano). Then double dip in the same.

Deep fry at 180° for 5 minutes.

Delicious

View attachment 53996
Have i read this right?

You actually deep fried a piece of ribeye steak?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to say , I love my Ninja XL Woodfire, apart from the ribs I made which were cremated.
Don't get your American and UK temperatures mixed up Brian 😂 😂 😂

I’ve just bought the Woodfire but it didn’t come with the free stand and cover as mentioned on the website. One email to customer services yesterday evening and they’ve already shipped the items for me 👌