Things That Gladden The Heart

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
was stuck behind a young lass with an L plate trying to move off the station car park - which is slightly uphill. While i was irritated, it sounded like she might be trying to rev the car (Renualt Megane) and find the 'biting point'. I dont know if anyone learns how to drive a manual car anymore...

I would have thought the majority learn to drive a manual particularly the younger ones. If they pass in an automatic they can only get a licence for an automatic, pass in a manual and it's a full licence. Plus I would have thought that the vast majority of cars they can afford to buy are manual.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Everything is swinging towards automatics now.
The last set of data I saw put auto tests at about 28-30% of the total and rising.
It's estimated that the last manual driving test will be sometime in 2043.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everything is swinging towards automatics now.
The last set of data I saw put auto tests at about 28-30% of the total and rising.
It's estimated that the last manual driving test will be sometime in 2043.

I was thinking about this the other day when a conversation was going on with one of the instructors I know well.
If we go all electric cars then there will be no manual cars in the long run.

When my kids were at the learning age I had to buy another car for them to do their practice in as I had an automatic.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to golf club this morning with wifey whom is learning to play golf. She hit about 40 balls down the range whilst I did a bit of chipping and talking to mates that were warming up before going out to play. Then up the club for a breakfast. Then home for a relaxing afternoon on the patio with a couple of cold ones whilst reading.