Things That Gladden The Heart

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
was stuck behind a young lass with an L plate trying to move off the station car park - which is slightly uphill. While i was irritated, it sounded like she might be trying to rev the car (Renualt Megane) and find the 'biting point'. I dont know if anyone learns how to drive a manual car anymore...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being told by my knee surgeon that surgery may not be required!
Boom, boom and triple boom.
He's suggesting that a course of steroid injections and physio may be a solution.
The aim is to reduce the swelling which says is giving me many of my mobility issues.
Golf this year may yet be possible.
Who'd have thought?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going to be no traffic on the road when I drive home at 5.00 tonight. Supermarket should be empty too when I do the weeks shop

pompeybandit

Visit site
On the subject on sunny weather. We're flying back to the UK from Corfu tomorrow morning. Looking forward to sensible climates & no blooming mosquitoes, that I seem to have an allergic reaction to every bite that I've received.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Golf Shop Online customer service. I ordered a polo and a pair of shorts but when checking out I was sure I'd hit next day delivery (but obviously hadn't) and the order went though as standard (5-7 days which might not arrive in time for hols), so called and asked if I could pay the difference. Not only was the guy polite and happy at work, he told me he'd add the next day no cost.

That's how easy it is to provide good service, even if he had charged me for the delivery, just being polite and sounding like you actually want to be there makes a huge difference.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Finally finding a Sainsbury's trolley whose wheels don't go click, click, click all around the store.
It's a trolley, there, huh?
In most of the US, it's a shopping cart,
but in the Boston area, it's a shopping carriage.

And who's kidding whom?
They ALL go "click click click" all around the store.

I remember Seinsbury's.
It wasn't radically different than a typical American supermarket,
albeit food's a little bit more expensive in the UK.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Golf Shop Online customer service. I ordered a polo and a pair of shorts but when checking out I was sure I'd hit next day delivery (but obviously hadn't) and the order went though as standard (5-7 days which might not arrive in time for hols), so called and asked if I could pay the difference. Not only was the guy polite and happy at work, he told me he'd add the next day no cost.

That's how easy it is to provide good service, even if he had charged me for the delivery, just being polite and sounding like you actually want to be there makes a huge difference.
Totally agree with the last paragraph. Also, when you're face to face, eye contact and a nice smile makes for a much better shopping experience.

Recently I was served by a young girl and throughout the whole process she didn't look at me once. I was quite put out by this and said to her as I took my receipt, "Eye contact would have been nice". She looked shocked and I'm sure felt embarrassed too.
I suppose some might think that a bit harsh but I think it's so important in a customer facing role to make eye contact.

D

Deleted member 29109

Totally agree with the last paragraph. Also, when you're face to face, eye contact and a nice smile makes for a much better shopping experience.

Recently I was served by a young girl and throughout the whole process she didn't look at me once. I was quite put out by this and said to her as I took my receipt, "Eye contact would have been nice". She looked shocked and I'm sure felt embarrassed too.
I suppose some might think that a bit harsh but I think it's so important in a customer facing role to make eye contact.
So you made some poor girl feel unnecessarily uncomfortable because you feel put out based on a personal belief that has absolutely no real impact on you?

Very odd! You must be proud of yourself.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you made some poor girl feel unnecessarily uncomfortable because you feel put out based on a personal belief that has absolutely no real impact on you?

Very odd! You must be proud of yourself.
As I said, some might find it a bit harsh, (you obviously). I just find it annoying when somebody completely ignores you.