Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So young Layla Tash has just had a look at the cuckoo clock in the hall that has been there 20 years. She said the number four is wrong. It is I I I I. not IV. She is 8 yrs old. A Quick Look on Google shows I I I I was in-fact used until the 17th century to denote the number 4 in Roman numerals. Every day is a skool day 😳😁👍
Me and Missis T had never noticed.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So young Layla Tash has just had a look at the cuckoo clock in the hall that has been there 20 years. She said the number four is wrong. It is I I I I. not IV. She is 8 yrs old. A Quick Look on Google shows I I I I was in-fact used until the 17th century to denote the number 4 in Roman numerals. Every day is a skool day 😳😁👍
Me and Missis T had never noticed.
They also use this on clocks so that the numeral “sets” are split evenly. 3 sets of 4 with I, 4 with a V and 4 with X.

You can’t unsee it now.

RichA

Visit site
Another NHS one. Dad was taken by ambulance yesterday from his care home to Kings Mill hospital in Mansfield. It had a shocking reputation for decades but it's now a pretty good hospital.
Paramedics were top notch. Nurses, health care assistants, trainee nurses, therapy teams, porters have all been astonishing for the last 24 hours. Professional and genuinely caring to the point where you feel almost embarrassed at what they do for so little reward.
The doctors though - are they on strike this week or do they always avoid eye contact and conversation with the plebs?
The old man's fighting a chest infection, uti, sepsis and just tested positive for COVID so it's going to be an intense few days.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another NHS one. Dad was taken by ambulance yesterday from his care home to Kings Mill hospital in Mansfield. It had a shocking reputation for decades but it's now a pretty good hospital.
Paramedics were top notch. Nurses, health care assistants, trainee nurses, therapy teams, porters have all been astonishing for the last 24 hours. Professional and genuinely caring to the point where you feel almost embarrassed at what they do for so little reward.
The doctors though - are they on strike this week or do they always avoid eye contact and conversation with the plebs?
The old man's fighting a chest infection, uti, sepsis and just tested positive for COVID so it's going to be an intense few days.

Fingers crossed he comes through this.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played the London Golf Club yesterday... got back to the car and some berk had driven into the back of it. Minor cosmetic damage, but a blooming nuisance and expense.

It's in this thread as the lovely folk at the LGC took the time to review the CCTV and the perp is clearly visible and my insurers will be contacting theirs's this week.

Of course the scumbag drove off without leaving details.......... I only wish I could see their face when they get the phone call. :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang last night in Newcastle. It's just a happy show full of nostalgia and joy. Heads were moving in time to the music from the word go and the show ending version of the main song was just something that made you happy inside.

If you need a pick me up, or just a good night out, go and see this as it tours.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang last night in Newcastle. It's just a happy show full of nostalgia and joy. Heads were moving in time to the music from the word go and the show ending version of the main song was just something that made you happy inside.

If you need a pick me up, or just a good night out, go and see this as it tours.

Ooh I'd love that. Love the original film still.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site

Had nightmares about the child catcher when I was young.(He was the double of one of my friends dad.😱)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had nightmares about the child catcher when I was young.(He was the double of one of my friends dad.😱)
When I see the film now that character still makes me shiver. Second only to the Wicked Witch in terms of scariest onscreen character ever in cinema history.

I don't know if I feel more sorry for your mates dad, looking like the child Catcher, or you for having this nightmare character in your regular life 😱 😄.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For the first time ever, money invested in premium bonds has given a better return than if it was just put in an ISA. :)
Random irritation: ie just after I'd taken money out of premium bonds and put it into an ISA
I'm doing quite nicely over the last 3 years.
Nearly 7% over the last 15 months.
My wife and I have nearly equal holdings and it really irks her that mine do much better that hers.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

We have tickets for this when it comes up to Inverness.