Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Day 3 of 5 without the kids, their room is coming on really well. My mate is pleased with it. Can't help but think the fantastic caulking efforts of his lacky made the room... Nothing to do with the fact he gave me the easiest job just to speed the thing along šŸ¤£.

Video called the girls whilst I washed out his brushes (another underrated job) got a tour of the caravan etc .. I say a tour. I got one of the twins forehead in different rooms bless her šŸ¤£

Missing them dearly but it's great to be able to crack on and get this sorted. My wife (and two of the girls) asthma wouldn't have coped with the dust

Good job they did leave . Next doors builders started yesterday. Been a nightmare for parking etc ... But they been great tbh. I let them park well over our drive so long as I can get the deliveries into house. So it sped them up and means when the girls are back they can park fully on his drive again as skip 1 is gone and the slabs will be gone tomorrow

All in all good but tiring days

Time to settle in with Mondays left over curry I cooked

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A lad in early/mid-20s I know; very difficult family background; his life an absolute mess; was going nowhere fast other than deep trouble and/or the undertakers; but heā€™s sorted himself out; tells me today that heā€™s passed all the entry criteria and tests, and is joining the Royal Marines on Monday. So pleased and so proud of him.

Tashyboy

Please donā€™t ask to see my tatts šŸ‘
Visit site
Been a crap couple of weeks, but.
Tuesday night we got the shifts through for when we have the grandkids in July. There is two weekends free in July so me and Missis T contacted a couple we met on Holiday in Mauritius to meet up with in Scotland. They live around Glasgow.
On the Thursday we are having a night in a pub called ā€œ The Droversā€. Then on the Friday and Saturday night we are meeting the other couple at a place called Cairndow Stagecoach inn which is at the top of Loch Fyne. Whatā€™s more, we met another couple in Mauritius and they are going as well. It could get very very messy.
So in a couple of weeks time I will be asking my friends North of the Border re , currency, inoculations and passport control etc šŸ˜šŸ‘

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Been a crap couple of weeks, but.
Tuesday night we got the shifts through for when we have the grandkids in July. There is two weekends free in July so me and Missis T contacted a couple we met on Holiday in Mauritius to meet up with in Scotland. They live around Glasgow.
On the Thursday we are having a night in a pub called ā€œ The Droversā€. Then on the Friday and Saturday night we are meeting the other couple at a place called Cairndow Stagecoach inn which is at the top of Loch Fyne. Whatā€™s more, we met another couple in Mauritius and they are going as well. It could get very very messy.
So in a couple of weeks time I will be asking my friends North of the Border re , currency, inoculations and passport control etc šŸ˜šŸ‘
All this ā€œmeeting with couplesā€ sounds a bit dodgy tashy.
Leave ya crocs at home mate,might be a bit of a turn off šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Step One boxer shorts. Theyā€™ve been a revelation for golf and long dog walks. Comfortable, breathable and more importantly no chaffage! Perfect for the warmer weather. Expensive but worth it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Step One boxer shorts. Theyā€™ve been a revelation for golf and long dog walks. Comfortable, breathable and more importantly no chaffage! Perfect for the warmer weather. Expensive but worth it.

Of all the rubbish things I bought during COVID they were one of the best if not the best. Love em , worth every penny

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday my mates boy phoned when at 5 to see how it was going (we finished at 7)

"Need any help tomorrow?" Yes please !!

Perfect. I have no shame in admitting he is a hell of a lot stronger than me and considering it's carpet going upstairs that's been in living room all week and beds arriving today a strong person is exactly what is required...

Plus frees me up a bit to get the house back into kid mode for their return

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tesco changing their own brand kids paracetamol flavour from strawberry to cherry

Thank you šŸ˜Š

My kids are allergic to strawberry because of my wife. It sucks and blooming hard to find strawberry free kids medicine.. Calpol is strawberry so their switch to cherry for own brand really saves me going to the one pharmacy in the area (15 min drive rather than the 3 that are a 5 min walk) to get the stuff (if they have ofc)

Thanks Tesco!

One of my family works in the food/chemistry industry working on 'flavours'. He once told me that very few flavours are actually the real thing thing just a chemically produced simulation.