Things That Gladden The Heart

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
About 35/37 years ago someone in the office bought me a Macdonalds. One bite only, I did not swallow, and nothing from that establishment has passed my lips since apart from two coffees on seperate occasions in Florida. Yeukkk!!!
You think McDonalds coffee is bad?
I dare you to try one from Dunkin Donuts 🤮

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The coffee from McDonalds is actually quite good. And half the price of Costa and other chains.

That's the thing those who refuse to eat it now (and hats off to them! Real respect for sticking to that) dont see how it's changed over the years

Like my in-laws love a McDonald's coffee as you say cheaper than Costa

Kfc is worlds apart from what it was even when I was growing up 20 years ago let alone now. Healthier (not healthy) options. Lunch options with wraps and such (other fast food outlets are available) but a lot has changed since people were put off for life

But once again hats off to them for sticking to that. Taking nothing away from them 👍

RichA

Visit site
The coffee from McDonalds is actually quite good. And half the price of Costa and other chains.
Yes. I've only recently made this discovery. It's probably the closest in flavour to the coffee I make at home. As opposed to the lightly coffee flavoured milk of Costa or burnt mud flavoured milk of Starbucks.
The outlets stink less of burned oil than they used to too.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. I've only recently made this discovery. It's probably the closest in flavour to the coffee I make at home. As opposed to the lightly coffee flavoured milk of Costa or burnt mud flavoured milk of Starbucks.
The outlets stink less of burned oil than they used to too.
When was working, on the road all day. Tried every different outlet, garage and coffee shop.
Macdonalds come out by far the best for convenience. Good parking, clean toilets, mostly happy staff that smile and greet you. The coffee is good and much cheaper than anywhere else. Occasionally I'd have a sausage and egg mcmuffin.

Toilets I most service stations are disgusting and believe it or not, Starbucks were one of the worst! In fact my colleague at the time sent Starbucks an email complaining about the state of their toilets. And they had not long before had a complete refit!

I used to sometimes frequent Macdonalds when it was all yellow and red plastic tables and chairs many years ago. But now it's completely different and worth a try. 👍

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Finally decided to get something powered to help control the Laural I have out the front, which is out of control as I just couldn’t face the yearly cutting session last year. I decided on a Pole Saw and from a brief go today it’ll make it far easier, especially as it needs thinning out as well as just chopping back.

Getting rid of the remnants will be one for another thread……

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife and kids left this morning for a little "girls holiday" with nanny

Got the week off , house empty and starting to turn their room into "big girl room

Day 1 done. Back to bare wall

Mate will return at 8am tomorrow to crack on replacing their radiator and such.

Have to admit can't wait for them to see it complete. They have been very excited to get full size beds.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Wife and kids left this morning for a little "girls holiday" with nanny

Got the week off , house empty and starting to turn their room into "big girl room

Day 1 done. Back to bare wall

Mate will return at 8am tomorrow to crack on replacing their radiator and such.

Have to admit can't wait for them to see it complete. They have been very excited to get full size beds.
We did my daughter’s this weekend whilst she was at a sleepover, I’m absolutely shattered but worth it when she saw the room.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We did my daughter’s this weekend whilst she was at a sleepover, I’m absolutely shattered but worth it when she saw the room.

Feels weird actually having an entire week off at home and not being able to swing a club at all!!

As you say tho... When they see it all will be worth it