Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my family works in the food/chemistry industry working on 'flavours'. He once told me that very few flavours are actually the real thing thing just a chemically produced simulation.

Unfortunately the wife is dangerous allergic, even with the "flavours" for example strawberry hand wash sets her up in a rash and then bamn asthma attack

Very high chance the girls have it (we had eldest blood tested came back 97% sure she isn't but there is a risk so avoid, waste of effort that was)

Plus she can't give them those meds

It's a right royal pain in the backside but it's not her fault lol

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been a crap couple of weeks, but.
Tuesday night we got the shifts through for when we have the grandkids in July. There is two weekends free in July so me and Missis T contacted a couple we met on Holiday in Mauritius to meet up with in Scotland. They live around Glasgow.
On the Thursday we are having a night in a pub called “ The Drovers”. Then on the Friday and Saturday night we are meeting the other couple at a place called Cairndow Stagecoach inn which is at the top of Loch Fyne. What’s more, we met another couple in Mauritius and they are going as well. It could get very very messy.
So in a couple of weeks time I will be asking my friends North of the Border re , currency, inoculations and passport control etc 😁👍
you need to start practising a Scottish accent, they don't like Sassenachs up there.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been a crap couple of weeks, but.
Tuesday night we got the shifts through for when we have the grandkids in July. There is two weekends free in July so me and Missis T contacted a couple we met on Holiday in Mauritius to meet up with in Scotland. They live around Glasgow.
On the Thursday we are having a night in a pub called “ The Drovers”. Then on the Friday and Saturday night we are meeting the other couple at a place called Cairndow Stagecoach inn which is at the top of Loch Fyne. What’s more, we met another couple in Mauritius and they are going as well. It could get very very messy.
So in a couple of weeks time I will be asking my friends North of the Border re , currency, inoculations and passport control etc 😁👍
You'll need a decent sized bowl for all those keys...

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully I've kept my inherence by doing some really dirty jobs at my Mum's house whilst she was away on holiday.

Painted her metal garage door black - had to strip some areas, primer and then paint.
Removed a solid concrete coal bunker with a medium concrete breaker.
Jet washed her long drive, path and where the coal bunker was. Some of this hadn't been washed in 50+ years.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of complaints about the NHS and waiting but when you need them they still deliver.

5am we had to call 999 again for eldest having asthma attack and pump hadn't worked at the time

They called back to check 10 mins later. She had improved in that time. So downgraded her risk as she didn't need hospital then just a paramedic to check numbers and maybe give her a nebuliser.

Wife sent me off to work as was under control. Sure they took 2 hours to come but she was at home, told to update 999 if she got worse..when they came they did all the tests. Pleased with her numbers and they can get drs appointments for you that day at your surgery. So they dealt with that for us.

Wife took her to see the Dr to review her asthma plan.

Home by lunch feeling much better just tired.

Obviously would rather didn't have to call but there when needed.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sometimes.

Slime, ive been where you were back when I had mine done. I got lost between 2 surgeons admin people. 18 month wait in the end. However I could work so I cant imagine what its doing to you cost wise and mentally. I hope you get your knee sorted soon.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
My daughter - an antidote to my son :)
Daughters are great.

My Welsh terrier just jumped on my lap and is giving me a face-licking.

My BIOLOGICAL daughter, however, is a lieutenant detective with the Boston Police Department (domestic violence division).
She's armed and occasionally irritable, so approach with caution.:oops:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Daughters are great.

My BIOLOGICAL daughter, however, is a lieutenant detective with the Boston Police Department (domestic violence division).
She's armed and occasionally irritable, so approach with caution.:oops:
Yup I can relate to the daughter bit. And unfortunately as you say, sometimes she has to deal with the dregs of life.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slime, ive been where you were back when I had mine done. I got lost between 2 surgeons admin people. 18 month wait in the end. However I could work so I cant imagine what its doing to you cost wise and mentally. I hope you get your knee sorted soon.

Thanks PJ87, I appreciate your kind thoughts.
Unfortunately I'm still having to go to work and, trust me, it hurts like hell.
Pushing lawnmowers about with a cartiledge that's been torn in half should not be on anyone's bucket list!
Currently waiting for an appointment with the surgeon, expected to be in about three months, and then I'll be on another waiting list for whatever surgery he recommends!
Not sure what's killing me the most, the lack of sleep or the lack of golf!
Again, thanks for the kind thoughts. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Daughters are great.

She's armed and occasionally irritable, so approach with caution.
:oops:

Is she muzzled when off duty? ;)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the first time ever, money invested in premium bonds has given a better return than if it was just put in an ISA. :)
Random irritation: ie just after I'd taken money out of premium bonds and put it into an ISA

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks PJ87, I appreciate your kind thoughts.
Unfortunately I'm still having to go to work and, trust me, it hurts like hell.
Pushing lawnmowers about with a cartiledge that's been torn in half should not be on anyone's bucket list!
Currently waiting for an appointment with the surgeon, expected to be in about three months, and then I'll be on another waiting list for whatever surgery he recommends!
Not sure what's killing me the most, the lack of sleep or the lack of golf!
Again, thanks for the kind thoughts. (y)

Have you got one of them knee supports that compresses so much it makes up a bit for the loss? Keeps it stable at least?

When my ACL went I remember the other knee started to ache as I was putting more pressure on it trying to avoid the pain of the bad one

I have been taking tumeric tablets for a few years now to help with my knees, I've heard they work wonders with joints.

Turmeric Curcumin Plus Glucosamine and Chondroitin Complex with Added Vitamin C, Rosehip, Ginger and Zinc - 90 Capsules. Maintains Normal Joint Cartilage. UK Supplier https://amzn.eu/d/gavQBxU

Give these a try , they might provide some relief

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today, the family we having been supporting, got the justice they were seeking when the defendant was found guilty of the murder of their 17yr old son.

If you want to know more, Google "Charlie's Promise".