Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No it’s in a huge field on the mainland just before you go on to the causeway. You can see the island from parts of the festival grounds 👍
The north east must have more gigs than most of the country. We were at Kynren and the greasy petulia oiled greebos were just down the road at there own bikers event. 😳👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a fantastic weekend oop north. For anyone that loves shows. Kynren is very special. Mr and missis T once more put some serious miles in seeing lots of industrial, mining, military culture and History. What is apparent is the north easterners are very proud of their heritage, and rightly so.
Stayed at a site where Robson Green has visited a few times. We stayed in converted railway box carriages and they were excellent. It was a proper chill weekend. What did suprise me was seeing many villages with wide open spaces and greens. Many adorned by statues and memorials.
Had a drive down to Easington Colliery. They have a 3 tier Chair/ skip. Or a Lift as normal folk would call them. It looks iconic, but driving through Easington and a few other villages they still look decimated by the closure of the mines. Levelling up has not reached that part of the world yet. “Tommy” at Seaham is quite simply amazing and the artist ( Ray Lonsdale) is defined up there with Anthony Gormley in my eyes.
Not be long before we are back I would imagine.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tech geeks on the internet :love:. I was having a problem connecting my phone to the car, via USB cable, not bluetooth. It would not connect automatically, I had to go into the phone each time and override the setting. It would not let me change this beforehand, very annoying. I sat down last night, started a google search and found this was quite common on certain phones, something about giving permission for data transfer. Anyway, one geek fixed it by showing us how to get into the developer section of the phone, you genuinely have to tap one link 7 times to enter (I felt like Dorothy 😄). Anyway, I did this, followed the instructions and this morning it worked perfectly. Well done that tech guy (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tech geeks on the internet :love:. I was having a problem connecting my phone to the car, via USB cable, not bluetooth. It would not connect automatically, I had to go into the phone each time and override the setting. It would not let me change this beforehand, very annoying. I sat down last night, started a google search and found this was quite common on certain phones, something about giving permission for data transfer. Anyway, one geek fixed it by showing us how to get into the developer section of the phone, you genuinely have to tap one link 7 times to enter (I felt like Dorothy 😄). Anyway, I did this, followed the instructions and this morning it worked perfectly. Well done that tech guy (y)

Only thing you will get is warnings now and again saying "this phone is in developer mode it could be being controlled by somebody"

Don't worry because you know you put it in not somebody else took your phone and put it into it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booked Disneyland Paris for next year with my parents, sister etc

Noticed my passport even though expires sept 25 was issued Jan 15 so will need new one

Litterally 5 minutes on the HMRC website I had completed the application, paid the fee and using my smart phones camera (face on as nobody home) I had completed my application

Then went on royal mail and paid for postage for My old passport

They were coming today to take something for Amazon back (as I'm waiting in for a freezer anyways) and they happily scanned and took the passport off.

Very simple and efficient

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only thing you will get is warnings now and again saying "this phone is in developer mode it could be being controlled by somebody"

Don't worry because you know you put it in not somebody else took your phone and put it into it
That has not come up so far but presumably there is a way to remove from that mode if required. Maybe I just click my heels 5 times instead of 7? 😄

As long as it doesn't undo the change, which it should not.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Topped up in Durham last week 139 Ltr, on the A1 it was 1.69 ltr. 😳
Just out of curiosity, isn't the liter an awfully small measuring unit to use for petrol/gasoline ?
A liter is roughly like a quart, no?
How far can you go on that?

Wouldn't the gallon be more practical?
You bolted the EU for whatever reason---
certainly none of my business to be sure--
so you needn't stick yourself with metric system protocols, need you?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, isn't the liter an awfully small measuring unit to use for petrol/gasoline ?
A liter is roughly like a quart, no?
How far can you go on that?

Wouldn't the gallon be more practical?
You bolted the EU for whatever reason---
certainly none of my business to be sure--
so you needn't stick yourself with metric system protocols, need you?

The metric system is so much easier to understand. Not that is matters for petrol, it is just a comparative for price. You either fill up or buy a certain amount cash wise, What it is measured in is pretty irrelevant