Theresa May - Not up to the Job of PM?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Labour and Conservative more remain than leave in the eyes of most voters and wouldn't get the votes after what's happened in the last year leaving just UKIP and Brexit Party's for leave.

Personally think Green for remain and Brexit for Leave is where the most votes will go outside of Scotland.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Labour and Conservative more remain than leave in the eyes of most voters and wouldn't get the votes after what's happened in the last year leaving just UKIP and Brexit Party's for leave.

Personally think Green for remain and Brexit for Leave is where the most votes will go outside of Scotland.

You don't think that the Lib Dems will get much of the Remain vote?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think that's a bit unfair. The Greens, Lib Dems and Change have been consistent with their Remain stance throughout, as have the SNP who weren't originally mentioned. UKIP and Brexit parties have been consistent for Leave. So that's just the Conservatives and Labour left. I'm not convinced that Labour are a Brexit party, there seem to be a large number of their MPs pushing for a 2nd referendum to try to get the right result this time.

Sadly in this case the break up of the Tory/Lab alliance in Scotland will probably see Scotland ending up with two of the six seats going to the Brexit party. Big support for the SNP but they have to hit over 66% of the total votes to get a fourth seat. Lib Dems getting the final one.
End result will be the same as the original EU referendum with a two thirds majority for stay.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see May's Scottish branch manager has stated that Scottish Government changes to prison reform will result in 10,000 dangerous criminals being set loose on the Scottish streets.
Well Truthless Davidson, perhaps you should have checked what the present Scottish prisoners list was before spouting some more Abbott/Johnson false figures around.

Total number of all prisoners is 8,300, around 10-20 % of them might be described as dangerous.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just sub title it delete where appropriate-------- Rory the Tory/ CanthelplyingBoris/ Jeremy cough unt/ BackstabbinGove. and the other ones that I am not really aware of.
My money is on Rory the Tory as he is the least obnoxious of the whole rotten shower.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just sub title it delete where appropriate-------- Rory the Tory/ CanthelplyingBoris/ Jeremy cough unt/ BackstabbinGove. and the other ones that I am not really aware of.
My money is on Rory the Tory as he is the least obnoxious of the whole rotten shower.

Rather him than Doon the Loon.
Sorry fella, I just couldn't resist, no offence meant, obviously.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nae bother, After 25 years of managing golf courses I have been called much worse than a waterfowl :LOL:

Mind you as a supporter of Scots independence I desperately hope that Rageland vote in Johnson.

I hate Boris’s guts and don’t trust him as far as I can spit..
I’d much rather see Raaaab in No.10. Better still Steve Baker… or Priti Patel…. with Mark Francois as Brexit Secretary…😁

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate Boris’s guts and don’t trust him as far as I can spit..
I’d much rather see Raaaab in No.10. Better still Steve Baker… or Priti Patel…. with Mark Francois as Brexit Secretary…😁

Priti Patel or Raab for me .................................. today, anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Priti Patel or Raab for me .................................. today, anyway.
Priti Patel who was sacked for having numerous secret meetings when a minister? It took some doing to get sacked from a TM cabinet but she managed it. Why would she be a good leader based on her record?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm taking this to be a new PM thread so.......after Sajid Javid has now thrown in what does this say about the candidates? Half the cabinet seems to be up for the job so clearly they don't rate each other. Normally a few stand and others back them, creating a team. This time, no team, all individuals. Not a good sign for a future cabinet.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I'm taking this to be a new PM thread so.......after Sajid Javid has now thrown in what does this say about the candidates? Half the cabinet seems to be up for the job so clearly they don't rate each other. Normally a few stand and others back them, creating a team. This time, no team, all individuals. Not a good sign for a future cabinet.

They are all power mad self serving ideologues who would turn on their colleagues in a heartbeat and sell their grannys for a shot at being PM to forward their own particular personal agendas?
Sorry, I apologise, I meant to say they all have the interests of the country at heart.;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

They've had too much power for the last 3 years and its given them a God complex. They had their chance and have shown they're incompetent. Sack 'em all.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They've had too much power for the last 3 years and its given them a God complex. They had their chance and have shown they're incompetent. Sack 'em all.
While I agree with 90% of the above, the last sentence is no solution - thy'd only be replaced by more of the same!

I do, however, have an inkling that it might be a great time for Boris to get the job! If he can get Brexit done, then I'd likely be a convert to him (from a zillion miles away from that!). If he can't (and I'm 99% sure he won't be able to), then it'll destroy any shred of credibility that he might have had!

His only way to deflect from 'personal' blame for not being able to complete the deal would be if he called for another referendum, something that I simply don't believe he'd get through Parliament - except via the periously risky method May took of calling another election! Corbyn/Labour would love that!