The Open - demand for a house swap

Navrig

Visit site
We live 16-19 miles (depending on which route you take) from Muirfield. I suspect The Open is likely to be held at Muirfield in 2027 or 2028. Although St Andrews may get it as a result of the re-shuffle in 2020/21 due to Covid.

I am considering the option of looking to either rent out our house or arrange a house swap with someone in the US who lives somewhere we would like to visit.

This is not me touting for offers! I am just trying to gauge how much interest there could be and how it might work.

To make it worthwhile it would need to be for 3 weeks so anyone coming to our place would have to stay longer than the time for The Open. If they are golfers then the choice nearby is really good, if willing to travel the choice becomes fantastic. Car swap would be needed

Anyone got an opinion on this as an idea?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
We live 16-19 miles (depending on which route you take) from Muirfield. I suspect The Open is likely to be held at Muirfield in 2027 or 2028. Although St Andrews may get it as a result of the re-shuffle in 2020/21 due to Covid.

I am considering the option of looking to either rent out our house or arrange a house swap with someone in the US who lives somewhere we would like to visit.

This is not me touting for offers! I am just trying to gauge how much interest there could be and how it might work.

To make it worthwhile it would need to be for 3 weeks so anyone coming to our place would have to stay longer than the time for The Open. If they are golfers then the choice nearby is really good, if willing to travel the choice becomes fantastic. Car swap would be needed

Anyone got an opinion on this as an idea?
Sounds good. Start researching the home exchange / internatioanl house swap websites.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We live near Royal Lytham but have always decided it's not worth the hassle of renting our house out. You have to pay tax on it, fees I believe as well, possible extra insurance.

Navrig

Visit site
We live near Royal Lytham but have always decided it's not worth the hassle of renting our house out. You have to pay tax on it, fees I believe as well, possible extra insurance.

That's why I am also considering a house-swap. No exchange of cash. The extra insurance is not that much AFAIK.