The Open 2018

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My handful of who I thought were well priced a few weeks ago. Some are priced better today but I also got a few players at decent odds so fingers crossed.

Thomas Pieters 66/1
Matthew Fitzpatrick 66/1
Francesco Molinari 66/1
Patrick Reed 33/1
Brooks Koepka 28/1
Tommy Fleetwood 20/1
Justin Rose 18/1

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trust me you do not want to carry my 400mm f2.8 and 1dx on your shoulder through the rough - weekend will be that along with another 1dx and 70-200 f2.8 plus a wide angle and a laptop - I was knackered after walking ten miles yesterday carrying just the 1dx with 400 - snapping football's much easier work than golf physically - but golf is beautiful to photograph.

Couldn't quite stretch to a 1dx, mine is a 7D and the 400 f2.8 is way out of my price range for a hobby, though I do lust after one, my 400 is the 100-400. I do have the 70-200 f2.8, nice lens, my favourite is my 28-70mm f2.8, got that just before they change them to 24-70mm and its by far the best lens I have.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've done the following;

Reed @33's
Noren @25's
Pieters @100/1
Cabrera-Bello @135/1
Schwartzel @150/1

I'm thinking about doing 1st round leader on the above aswell.

Happy Punting.

D

Deleted member 16999

Hopefully this won’t descend in to Sky v BBC or which commentators are better :blah: :blah: :blah: I thought the Sky coverage of the live practise round was excellent, the players were really happy to discuss different shots while on the course, good fun from players in the Skyzone.
Hopefully sets the tone for a great tournament.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Looking at the course as it is, anyone with a hot putter will in it, cause that course will get torn apart by these guys, I said 15 under the other day, I suspect 20+ under having looked at the pictures on tv.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Rahm was apparently hitting driver on everything today. Played tonight with one of the guys who is marshalling down there and said the rough is very light and wispy but sparse.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’ll depend on the weather, forecast right now is about as benign as it can get. No wind to speak of for the most part,maybe a spot of rain Friday. Wind may pick up on Sunday. I hope they let the greens dry out...

I think the most penal the course will be is going to be strange bounces and runs on the fairways. But even then the rough is not looking very fearsome - maybe fairway bunkers will feature heavily with poor judgement of run?

Up early for me tomorrow and spending the day there again. Probably my last day at the course for me, I’m not feeling the magic as much this year but that could change with the competitive rounds starting.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It’ll depend on the weather, forecast right now is about as benign as it can get. No wind to speak of for the most part,maybe a spot of rain Friday. Wind may pick up on Sunday. I hope they let the greens dry out...

I think the most penal the course will be is going to be strange bounces and runs on the fairways. But even then the rough is not looking very fearsome - maybe fairway bunkers will feature heavily with poor judgement of run?

Up early for me tomorrow and spending the day there again. Probably my last day at the course for me, I’m not feeling the magic as much this year but that could change with the competitive rounds starting.

All the players aren't all going to get bad bounces, some may get some, all may get one, but the qualify of the field against the course running so far and fast, I just can't see anything other than low scores every day and these greens they will be able to attack.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This will be the first Open in many a year that I won't be watching much off.
Work, playing and other stuff are all conspiring against me to the point that I'm not buying a Now TV pass as I'm not going to get any value from it.
Struggling to find my normal enthusiasm for it this year, don't know why.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Conditions here this morning are ridiculously lovely. Wish I was out playing somewhere. Could we see a 62 and new record today?