The Open 2018

D

Deleted member 15344

Definition of "Elephant in the Room": an obvious problem or difficult situation that people do not want to talk about.......

Its always touching when people take the time to scroll through , copy and paste a few posts just to make a pedantic point - shows complete dedication , well done , thank god I wasn’t abusive or insulting to Woods or actually posted something that was harmful.

Guess will put Woods into the obvious problem pigeon hole then :thup:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its always touching when people take the time to scroll through , copy and paste a few posts just to make a pedantic point - shows complete dedication , well done , thank god I wasn’t abusive or insulting to Woods or actually posted something that was harmful.

Oh it took me ages, clicking back 3 pages and hitting the multi-quote button was a real chore.

Never said you posted anything harmful - the multi-quoting just emphasised the point that you're like a broken record

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Just change the record Phil.
No need to repeat yourself over and over again.
We get it 👍🏻
💤 💤 💤

D

Deleted member 15344

Awww my own little fan club , all my little followers together posting about nothing to do with the thread and more about me instead - sweet of them

Anyway back to the thread which is The Open

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/44918564

Some brilliant shots in there

Fleetwoods into 17 was stunning but the pressure on Rose into the last must of have been massive

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just be happy that you’re so popular & know that we are all greatful for the the great posts that you add to the forum 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 1418

Some people on this thread really need to grow up.
If the personal sniping doesn’t stop then points will result

Awww Phil, that's the only thing making this thread interesting now! Everything else has been covered!! 😂😂😂😂

FWIW - anyone who thinks Woods will win a major again needs to buy a new pack of crayons to chew!! 😉😂😂😂

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awww Phil, that's the only thing making this thread interesting now! Everything else has been covered!! 😂😂😂😂

FWIW - anyone who thinks Woods will win a major again needs to buy a new pack of crayons to chew!! 😉😂😂😂

What makes you think or say that?
He had the lead with 9 holes left.

D

Deleted member 1418

What makes you think or say that?
He had the lead with 9 holes left.

Because the course was set up perfectly for him all week mate with how far it was running and took driver out of play; and he couldn't get over the line. The Tiger of old once he hot the front would've won by 3 or 4 - not now.

Nobody is scared of him anymore.

Molinari played against him in the Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor on the last day singles and got walloped.

Molinari played against him in the Ryder Cup singles at Medinah and luckily got a half, when Tiger was shat all week.

Molinari went head to head with him on Sunday at The Open, and let's face it outplayed him.

That's the difference.

And I wouldn't even put Molinari - incredible season and thoroughly deserved winner of the Open - in the top ten in the world.

IMHO the only major Woods will ever come close to winning now is the Open, provided it's as scorched as Carnoustie was this year. The other 3 will just be too much for him, unless he sorts out his inefficiencies with the big stick.

Similar to Rory with wedges and the putter.

On Saturday he crafted an unbelievable score considering the distances he left himself with his 2nd shots into most greens.

The biggest loser on Sunday was Rory - he should've won the Open by 4 or 5 minimum.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not exactly sound logic. Just because Tiger is not as good as he was, doesn't mean he won't win another major. Worse players than present-day Tiger have won majors before.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get the logic though. Tiger's big weakness is driving. A baked Open course doesn't need driver, it needs accuracy rather than distance off the tee. He can hit irons off the tee and still compete. Not sure you can play that way in any other Major.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not exactly sound logic. Just because Tiger is not as good as he was, doesn't mean he won't win another major. Worse players than present-day Tiger have won majors before.
It’s going back a bit now to find someone who was way down the rankings or isn’t a great player , or wasn’t someone in form

Looking at the recent winners of the majors over the last couple of years they were either high in the rankings already or have been winning tour events - even players like Willett when he won was winning on the ET tour , currently it seems it’s players who are hitting the majors with a bit of form

I don’t see anyone over the last couple of years that is worse than the current Tiger Woods - maybe need to go back to Yang ? Or possibly Clarke.

I think for Woods to win a major he will have to show he can win on the US tour first and that’s a hurdle he is struggling with

D

Deleted member 1418

No it is sound logic. He was beaten by a guy he has beaten comfortably before and would beat comfortably at the peak of his game.

Yes worse players have won majors - Todd Hamilton beating Ernie Els; Larry Mize beating Greg Norman to name but 2 when they were going against two of the best at the time.

Tiger is not one of the best at this time - others are way ahead of him, including Frankie Mollers!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it is sound logic. He was beaten by a guy he has beaten comfortably before and would beat comfortably at the peak of his game.

Yes worse players have won majors - Todd Hamilton beating Ernie Els; Larry Mize beating Greg Norman to name but 2 when they were going against two of the best at the time.

Tiger is not one of the best at this time - others are way ahead of him, including Frankie Mollers!
Obviously Tiger will never be as good as he was at his best. He is the wrong side of 40 with a knackered back. He still had enough ability to lead and compete at a major, and it still doesn't mean he definitely won't win one again.

Molinari is clearly playing the golf of his life right now, and the fact that Tiger finished 3 shots behind him is your argument for why he will never win again. I just don't get it.