The Open 2018

D

Deleted member 15344

How do you mean?
I'm confused, do you think the course is unfair?

The total opposite

The R&A have set the Course up perfect - it’s tough , fair and just natural

They haven’t made the course a joke - it’s rewarded good golf and punsihed bad golf - this is how a major should be

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The total opposite

The R&A have set the Course up perfect - it’s tough , fair and just natural

They haven’t made the course a joke - it’s rewarded good golf and punsihed bad golf - this is how a major should be

Right, sorry I missed the irony. :thup:
You're absolutely bob on, the course has been set up beautifully, especially considering the unseasonable weather they've had up there.
It's made for an incredible championship!

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair they were lucky it rained and it got windy. The course is setup great but it came close to being daft. But achieving that balance is all credit to the job they’ve done.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really chuffed for Molinari- that’s a brilliant round in the conditions , even more so with him playing alongside Woods and the circus that followed him - if Rory , Rose or Tommy wasn’t going to win then Molinari is the next best thing

Also good to see a few of the big Europeans in the top 10 of the leaderboard but not many big US players about

Also how great is thats Schuaffle - played superbly and a great interaction with the crowd - seems a US player who is likeable as his demeanour is far better than others

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yay!

50347_B97-8_A1_F-46_B2-_A5_C2-_B216_A0717960.jpg

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Superb. And best of all, Molinari won with exhibition sensible golf. He’s not big, he’s not long, he just plots and plods it around. Lovely golf.

Made even better by my huge £2 bet on him at 66/1. :D

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A much deserved win by Molinari. His form in the last couple months has been sublime.

Would had loved a historic Tiger win, but a £40 bet at 33/1 will just do instead. :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Please don’t. He didn’t win and we really can’t be bothered going over it all again.

I think that was his big chance -most of the big guns tripping over themselves and no real dominant performance from a big player and it was there for him but two really poor irons shots and then the attempt at a flop shot just knocked him and he couldn’t seem to recover from it - not sure if he will get a chance like that again , played some brilliant shots though - that bunker shot was just outstanding

Last edited by a moderator:

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A great open championship and a worthy winner bet JEEEZ the chap doing the presentation had as much charisma as a wet leaf! Zzzzzzz