The most interesting job at your club?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
This will sound like absolute tosh but I will try to back it up with evidence when I can as there are photographs somewhere.

This is going back about 15 years now however a member was a very highly regarded bodyguard, he had a side business which he trained and hired out his own guys for security and held a management position at a country estate he did a lot of work at. The interesting part however was that he was contracted by nike direct with us so if any of their sponsored athletes were in this country he would if he chose to be a lead security for them. Tennis, golf were his main athletes but every time tiger was over he would be one of his lead bodyguards. It was bizarre as when Tiger was in Open's etc. there he was always over his shoulder.

People still called bullshit and he then furnished all us juniors with signed tiger membrobilia, he would always get lots of nike merchandise as well. Would never talk about it other than confirming that was his job.

Really nice bloke but an absolute man mountain like 6 foot 9 and stocky with it.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This will sound like absolute tosh but I will try to back it up with evidence when I can as there are photographs somewhere.

This is going back about 15 years now however a member was a very highly regarded bodyguard, he had a side business which he trained and hired out his own guys for security and held a management position at a country estate he did a lot of work at. The interesting part however was that he was contracted by nike direct with us so if any of their sponsored athletes were in this country he would if he chose to be a lead security for them. Tennis, golf were his main athletes but every time tiger was over he would be one of his lead bodyguards. It was bizarre as when Tiger was in Open's etc. there he was always over his shoulder.

People still called bullshit and he then furnished all us juniors with signed tiger membrobilia, he would always get lots of nike merchandise as well. Would never talk about it other than confirming that was his job.

Really nice bloke but an absolute man mountain like 6 foot 9 and stocky with it.

You tend to find they are and also extremely modist.

I had a client who was an ex marine and did protection work in Iraq. Told me some interesting stories when prompted.

He also did security work for David Beckham when he was at Real Madrid

Eagle2

Visit site
Read the title and skipped the topic a couple of times but its been a good read.
A few pro footballers and golfers and at my old club a young lad in the Navy. He spent 3 or 4 months at a time on a sub with nukes - amazing how boring the 4 months were for him but plenty of interesting stories at the same time.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads of ex matelots, mainly aircraft engineers and a few helicopter pilots. One retired football referee that resides on Portland. We used to have a member that was something to do with the entertainment industry years ago and when artistes where playing in Weymouth they would come for a game. We play for a couple of trophies that were donated by them. One is for Bruce Forsyth and the other Kenny Lynch.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads of ex matelots, mainly aircraft engineers and a few helicopter pilots. One retired football referee that resides on Portland. We used to have a member that was something to do with the entertainment industry years ago and when artistes where playing in Weymouth they would come for a game. We play for a couple of trophies that were donated by them. One is for Bruce Forsyth and the other Kenny Lynch.

I would imagine all those WAFUs play off scratch judging by the amount of sea time they have done ?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest, I don't know what most people do for a living. However, of the ones that I know of, we have an aerial filmmaker and two blokes who design road junctions. Not quite rock stars, secret agents or astronauts but I find their fields to be very interesting.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We have a Premier League referee at our place. Can’t wait to ask him about the new handball guidance. ?