The Masters 2018

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He's a great golfer but he risks not reaching his full potential if he carries around anger and resentments - especially relating to family - for the rest of his career. Hope they find some reconciliation.

How does falling out with his parents equate to not fulfilling potential. When he's at the course he's at work and do you truly believe he considers the situation for one moment. He's proved himself a capable golfer already on tour, and now has a major, something a lot of very good golfers from a loving and happy background managed.

U

User62651

So Rory has come out saying Masters is the biggest most important tournament in golf, more important to win than any other majors (or tournaments).
http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/rory-mcilroy-i-dont-care-about-the-us-open-or-the-open-156508

Whilst I tend to agree it's the most high profile tournament nowadays I feel like he's shot himself in the foot a bit there, tactless and should know better not to say it even if you think that. You want to turn up at any major or big tournament and big it up, do your job as a pro and sell the event for the sponsors.
Puts more media attention and pressure on himself now every time April comes around too. Silly boy.:mmm:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Rory has come out saying Masters is the biggest most important tournament in golf, more important to win than any other majors (or tournaments).
http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/rory-mcilroy-i-dont-care-about-the-us-open-or-the-open-156508

Whilst I tend to agree it's the most high profile tournament nowadays I feel like he's shot himself in the foot a bit there, tactless and should know better not to say it even if you think that. You want to turn up at any major or big tournament and big it up, do your job as a pro and sell the event for the sponsors.
Puts more media attention and pressure on himself now every time April comes around too. Silly boy.:mmm:
I think he's happy to call a spade a spade and put pressure on himself to be honest. He usually says what he means.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de

Well, since it is the only one he hasn't won yet, it makes sense that it does feel most important for him. Also, I think he does have a point. Even though we in Europe might put a bit more emphasis on the Open and would class it as at least equal to if not more important than the Masters, we tend to care a bit less about the US Open. And vice versa, I would think. And nobody really gives a rat's ass about the PGA Championship. So I guess as far as worldwide attention goes, the Masters is a clear winner.