The Masters 2018

D

Deleted member 16999

Reed the worthy winner, great last day, some chase by Spieth and Fowler, maybe next year for Rory.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Credit where it’s due, never easy getting your first. Always seemed to bounce back after a mistake, and played with a smile on his face.

Not bad bad for a top 5 player :D

D

Deleted member 1740

i dislike reed but was glad he obliged @ 67.85/1!!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well that totally messed up my sleep but well worth it and a deserved win for Reed

Shame the challengers didn't get a smidgen closer earlier in play for some added drama but it did go down to the last hole which is all I can hope for really

Will never be my fav Major but I'm sure the organizers are happy with what this years offered us

Back to Spain this week with ET and much more sociable viewing hours

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I'm not a fan of Patrick Reed and probably never will be, but I must say I was impressed how he handled himself during the final round. There were so many situations where he hit a shot that could have gotten him into trouble, but he always did the smart thing and played to the odds. That takes a lot of nerve. He plays a lot more sensible and level headed than he comes across in interviews.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well done Patrick well deserved.

Wait for Rory goes on but there’s always next year.

Wait will be a very long one till he addresses his woeful putting. I hope Rory sits down and watches that last round on the telly. Spieth, Fowler, Smith etc all showed him how far behind them he is with the short stick. I actually started feeling sorry for Rory (despite his mega bank balance) as you just knew he wasn't capable of holing a putt out there anytime he was on the green.

Even his "legendary" driving was poor.

For Rory to get back to world number 1 and complete the career grand slam his short game and especially his putting needs to vastly improve.

As for Reed, totally deserved his win, any wobble he rectified straight away and played a solid if unspectacular last round. Loved that last night, huge credit to Ricky and Spieth for mounting the challenge and making it interesting. Great from Rahm until he chased too hard and great rounds from a few other including Casey with a bad back.

U

User62651

Give him his dues Reed played well under a lot of pressure and without having his A-game. Steady and made the putts count. Still not a fan. Was rooting for Rickie once Rory was out of the picture, Fowler's a great putter.

Rory...dear oh dear, as a fan it was a frustrating watch, lucky break on first in trees then superb 2nd to par 5 2nd thinking it could be on, then missed putt and you could sense it might not be his day, then just went backwards as others went forward and Reed held steady, very disappointing. Pressure putting very weak, seemed like he'd sorted that in first 3 days but no.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wait will be a very long one till he addresses his woeful putting. I hope Rory sits down and watches that last round on the telly. Spieth, Fowler, Smith etc all showed him how far behind them he is with the short stick. I actually started feeling sorry for Rory (despite his mega bank balance) as you just knew he wasn't capable of holing a putt out there anytime he was on the green.

Even his "legendary" driving was poor.

For Rory to get back to world number 1 and complete the career grand slam his short game and especially his putting needs to vastly improve.

As for Reed, totally deserved his win, any wobble he rectified straight away and played a solid if unspectacular last round. Loved that last night, huge credit to Ricky and Spieth for mounting the challenge and making it interesting. Great from Rahm until he chased too hard and great rounds from a few other including Casey with a bad back.

Agree about Rory's putting it was dire and only confirms that at the level he is at his putting is probably way behind where it needs to be. Maybe a V-easy would help

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Agree about Rory's putting it was dire and only confirms that at the level he is at his putting is probably way behind where it needs to be. Maybe a V-easy would help

I hope he doesn’t change his putter, he needs to accept that it works and he doesn’t need yet another change and that its him that needs to change (read one quote that, if accurate, he said his ‘putter wasn’t working’ yesterday and while we all know he didn’t really mean the club there must have been a part of his subconscious that made him phrase it like that)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Patrick Reed and probably never will be, but I must say I was impressed how he handled himself during the final round. There were so many situations where he hit a shot that could have gotten him into trouble, but he always did the smart thing and played to the odds. That takes a lot of nerve. He plays a lot more sensible and level headed than he comes across in interviews.

I concur 100% with this. Very well played indeed Patrick Reed.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I hope he doesn’t change his putter, he needs to accept that it works and he doesn’t need yet another change and that its him that needs to change (read one quote that, if accurate, he said his ‘putter wasn’t working’ yesterday and while we all know he didn’t really mean the club there must have been a part of his subconscious that made him phrase it like that)

His putting is honking period and has been for a long time. Not just yesterday.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that was a great Masters even if we didn't get the winner that most of us wanted. Spieth and Fowler's last rounds were excellent, made up for Rory tossing it down the pan. Rahm had a good stab at it but was done when he put that shot in the water - I think Rahm is actually crazy, he often looks only a split second away from snapping every club in the bag. Even on shots that aren't even that disastrous. He is young though and I'm sure he'll mature a bit.

Reed did excellently to get the par on the 18th when the pressure was on, so fair play to him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Interesting that his putting wasn’t “honking” or rank rotten for the previous three rounds or the previous Comp or the one before that - one bad round and the people who hid away when he was playing well come rushing out

I believe for the first three rounds his putting stats where up with the best - just one bad round starting by missing my millimetres which meant he thent started pushing a little and he struggling with rhythm- but Rory’s biggest issue yesterday was his driving he was fighting a lot with his second shots

But it’s just one of those rounds which he has shown many times he will get over and come back stronger and then the usual will go into hiding again