The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
He may well be a decent chap - well when he isnt throwing a major childish strop which i have witnessed at the seniors last year

But that doesnt mean he is a good commentator or studio guest

At he can show respect without the need to put his tongue so far up their backside he can tickle their tonsils

anyone else see this MAJOR strop? video? or was it just a bit of normal golf frustration? it is a frustrating game............well to me it is:smirk:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched 10 mins, before the par 3 comp started where Monty was with Sarah Stirk explaining the intricacies of one of the par 3 putting greens. With that very clever raised image of the green and bunkers.

I thought Monty was brilliant in his description of how a top golfer plans his strategy on the greens.
Can't see how he gets so much stick on here as it's enlightening to listen to the thoughts of one of the greats of the game.

Long may he continue with Sky. :whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
anyone else see this MAJOR strop? video? or was it just a bit of normal golf frustration? it is a frustrating game............well to me it is:smirk:

Don't remember hearing about it at the the time and I guess it was frustration at not playing as well as he wanted to. Thing is, you know what you're getting with Monty so not exactly shock news is it

D

Deleted member 15344

Plenty of people at the Travis Perkins last year

Had a go at a Marshall for something then had a good at one of the tour officials

On the Saturday on the 14th on the right hand side of the fairway in the first cut

D

Deleted member 18588

I watched 10 mins, before the par 3 comp started where Monty was with Sarah Stirk explaining the intricacies of one of the par 3 putting greens. With that very clever raised image of the green and bunkers.

I thought Monty was brilliant in his description of how a top golfer plans his strategy on the greens.
Can't see how he gets so much stick on here as it's great listen to the thoughts of one of the greats of the game.

Agree that his insight is great "added value" to the coverage.

Not certain about him being one of the greats.

In my book no majors = not a great.

Greats are Hogan, Nicklaus, Watson, Player, Palmer, Ballesteros, Trevino and Faldo etc; all multiple Major winners. But Monty was still a top player.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As I said, not like you don't know what you're getting with Monty and maybe he had good reason. However as it's Monty he's guilty as charged regardless and if he's getting tour officials involved it was clearly a problem to him

D

Deleted member 15344

Can't see how he gets so much stick on here as it's enlightening to listen to the thoughts of one of the greats of the game.

Good player and will be remembered as on the best one the European Tour - but a great ? Not for me

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree that his insight is great "added value" to the coverage.

Not certain about him being one of the greats.

In my book no majors = not a great.

Greats are Hogan, Nicklaus, Watson, Player, Palmer, Ballesteros, Trevino and Faldo all multiple Major winners. But Monty was still a top player.

Glad you agree with the "Added value".

But in my view his European Order Of Merit wins makes him one of my "Greats".

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Fair play to Rory's caddy Niall Horan from 1direction, brave man to take on that tee shot... So much pressure! Loving the par 3 tournament!
Hope he didn't break Rory's driver when he fell over.:eek: Not sure why he needed it on the par three course.:confused:

D

Deleted member 15344

7 times in a row winning the European tour doesnt make you great in your eyes- Bloody hell thats a hard school!

Winning majors titles a number of times - makes a player great IMO

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Is anyone else getting REALLY annoyed/bored with the Paddy Power whale ad?
I am!

D

Deleted member 15344

ahh so winning loads of PGA tour events, topping money lists and maybe one major doesnt make someone a great player in your school:rolleyes:

0 PGA Tour events , Zero majors - no WGC - yes he is not one of the games greats IMO

A very good player no doubt and one of the best that has been on the ET