The highlight of my year ...

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
... starts tomorrow. A bunch of us are flying out to Portugal for our annual pilgrimage. This is my 16th year and I absolutely love it. Great bunch of lads, lovely weather, some great courses and a bit too much food and drink. Life doesn't get much better :D

We've got 4 rounds booked. Playing Laranjal, Vale de Lobo Ocean, Quinta da Ria and Benamor. Vale de Lobo Ocean is a new one for me this year. Anybody played it and can offer any tips?

Sorry if this comes across as a bit smug, but I'm just so excited about another week out there :D

MC72

Assistant Pro
Visit site
... starts tomorrow. A bunch of us are flying out to Portugal for our annual pilgrimage. This is my 16th year and I absolutely love it. Great bunch of lads, lovely weather, some great courses and a bit too much food and drink. Life doesn't get much better :D

We've got 4 rounds booked. Playing Laranjal, Vale de Lobo Ocean, Quinta da Ria and Benamor. Vale de Lobo Ocean is a new one for me this year. Anybody played it and can offer any tips?

Sorry if this comes across as a bit smug, but I'm just so excited about another week out there :D

Hi there,

Great trip you've got booked, I'm sure your group will enjoy it. I've played both Ocean and Royal at Vale de Lobo. The ocean has a few holes in the early stages (3-7??) that are played almost in an open park area, it's almost just like a big grass area where 3 or ; holes are. Apart from that I thought it was decent enough although the par 5 leaving the group of holes I've just mentioned was a bit tricky as I didn't have anything to gauge or check distance with so playing up to, and over the water was a bit tricky.

Loved Laranjal, really enjoyable.

Have a great trip.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We played Laranjal for the first time last year and the whole group wanted to return again this year. It was in immaculate condition and there are some really interesting holes. We were all shocked at how empty the course was tho. Can't remember seeing anybody but us on the course while we were playing. Real millionaires golf stuff.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played ocean and Royal last year and although some of the holes are nice, it was a bit surreal playing amongst all the villas, like being in a posh council estate. Seemed a bit of a trek getting from the end of one hole to another on some of the holes and that was with a buggy. Not as memorable as Ireland, or Mauritius, but I played with three elderly jocks one day and three Germans the other day and had a fantastic time both days.
I hired a car and the old course and Faldo, O'conner course looked gorgeous. So am looking to play Old, Oconner and Pinhal next month. pinhal coz were stopping at the four seasons .

edit to say, think the last hole on Ocean is up hill, one of the Germans lost his Primark jumper for the tenth time as it kept falling off his bag/ Trolley. Anyway he jumped in my buggy and shot off down the hill to look for it. I told him that the buggy battery was as flat as a pancake which is why Missis T drove it and why I walked up the hill. Him and his mate walked down the hill and had to push it back up the hill, They were lathered. The two Germans were calling his mate black and blue. Me and Missis T were in bits. He never found his jumper

Last edited: