The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Reading this morning that VVD is questioning the desire of his team mates. Not good hearing that at this end of the season. Furthermore VVD is complaining about a 12.30 KO on Saturday. I had to re read that bit coz I thought it was Pep moaning 😉
Joking aside if Liverpool had beat Everton they could have gone top of the league Saturday and put pressure back on the other two.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thought Klopp was actually very good last night. Full of praise for Dyche and the Everton set up and game plan and admitted that his side weren't on it at all. YOu could see the disappointment in his face but didn't look to offer excuses or blame anyone. A shame for him in his last few games and I think they are done in the race but a lot he can be proud of in his tenure

No way is it a "shame" for him in his last few games. I always hope Liverpool get relegated along with Manure, I've absolutely no wish to see Klopp win any games !

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought Klopp was actually very good last night. Full of praise for Dyche and the Everton set up and game plan and admitted that his side weren't on it at all. YOu could see the disappointment in his face but didn't look to offer excuses or blame anyone. A shame for him in his last few games and I think they are done in the race but a lot he can be proud of in his tenure

I'm sure he could see this coming from the start of the season.
He knew his team didn't quite have it and I, personally, think that's why he jumped ship.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure he could see this coming from the start of the season.
He knew his team didn't quite have it and I, personally, think that's why he jumped ship.
I don’t think he’s jumping ship at all. He said he was taking and needed a year off, which is what I fully expect him to do. He’s a manager who fully invests in his team, not a manager who just sees it as a job.
I get so many are pleased he’s going, because he has brought Liverpool back into the fight again but I also haven’t yet come across any fans of other teams who wouldn’t want him to become their teams manager with the exception of City fans….for now.
He gives an honest answer all the time and has been a good thing for the PL.
I don’t think for a minute if ETH was sacked at the end of the season and Klopp said he was going to Utd you would be upset one bit, but at least we know that won’t happen:)

PaulMdj

Visit site
I don’t think he’s jumping ship at all. He said he was taking and needed a year off, which is what I fully expect him to do. He’s a manager who fully invests in his team, not a manager who just sees it as a job.
I get so many are pleased he’s going, because he has brought Liverpool back into the fight again but I also haven’t yet come across any fans of other teams who wouldn’t want him to become their teams manager with the exception of City fans….for now.
I don’t think for a minute if ETH was sacked at the end of the season and Klopp said he was going to Utd you would be upset one bit, but at least we know that won’t happen:)
I could think of thousands of Lpool fans who would be though.😬

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stuart Attwell misses three stonewall penalties in the VAR room on Sunday.

Then last night disallows a perfectly legitimate goal for Wolves because during the build up an attacking player shrugged off a defender who was trying to cuddle him (and barely made contact in the process).

And this guy will still be in a job next week and will still be seen as one of the top officials in the country?!

I just.......I can't any more.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Maybe if he didn’t jump around like a 🤡 all the time he wouldn’t be as tired 🤷‍♂️

Steve Wilkes

Visit site

Then last night disallows a perfectly legitimate goal for Wolves because during the build up an attacking player shrugged off a defender who was trying to cuddle him (and barely made contact in the process).

And this guy will still be in a job next week and will still be seen as one of the top officials in the country?!

It was strange to over rule the goal. Not one Bournemouth player complained at the time, even the player who was supposedly fouled. This is another case of someone in VAR getting involved and wanting that goal ruled out, because next week a foul a lot worse than that will classed as 'nothing to see here'

PaulMdj

Visit site

So Sunday it’s Attwell’s fault because he didn’t over rule the Ref as VAR and last night it’s his fault as Ref because VAR did its job!!😵‍💫

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So Sunday it’s Attwell’s fault because he didn’t over rule the Ref as VAR and last night it’s his fault as Ref because VAR did its job!!😵‍💫

Last night, VAR advised him to look at it on the monitor. He did, and decided it was a foul. Now I get that when refs go to the monitor, it usually means they change their minds, but it isn't a rule. He looked at it and made the judgement it was a foul.

On Sunday, he also looked at a monitor and in every single incident (all of which were more obvious than last night's), he judged there to be no reason to intervene. The two fouls he could have given, he didn't.

Hand on heart, do you think really think that he has been consistent across the two games?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Last night, VAR advised him to look at it on the monitor. He did, and decided it was a foul. Now I get that when refs go to the monitor, it usually means they change their minds, but it isn't a rule. He looked at it and made the judgement it was a foul.

On Sunday, he also looked at a monitor and in every single incident (all of which were more obvious than last night's), he judged there to be no reason to intervene. The two fouls he could have given, he didn't.

Hand on heart, do you think really think that he has been consistent across the two games?
Yes, because the 2 games are unrelated and being the Ref it is easy to miss some incidents.

I have agreed you should of had 1 definite penalty sunday and possibly 1 other.

Although I have read that Stan Collymore believes all 3 were not pens on sunday.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, because the 2 games are unrelated and being the Ref it is easy to miss some incidents.

I have agreed you should of had 1 definite penalty sunday and possibly 1 other.

Although I have read that Stan Collymore believes all 3 were not pens on sunday.

Stan Collymore, well that’s it then lock the thread 🤣😉