The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

samthom99

Visit site
He certainly could have used the squad. Then been slaughtered for disprespecting the FA Cup. Plus he made it clear in the interview what happened the last time he made massive changes after a European tie.
He had circa £300m worth of talent on the bench. He wasnt bringing nobodies on.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
He should be grateful it wasnt a 1230 kick off. He's like a spoilt child. "Not doing anything extra" grow up.
Grow up, he's not like a spoilt child, it really did seem unfair. The mental affects of losing on Wednesday in such a big game to such a massive club is bound to be big. Chelsea beat us 6-0 for their set up.

The main thing his team won andhe is off to wembley and all the bedwetters can get on with the bedwetting.

Not looking forward to us getting smashed by Forest tomorrow....

samthom99

Visit site
Grow up, he's not like a spoilt child, it really did seem unfair. The mental affects of losing on Wednesday in such a big game to such a massive club is bound to be big. Chelsea beat us 6-0 for their set up.

The main thing his team won andhe is off to wembley and all the bedwetters can get on with the bedwetting.

Not looking forward to us getting smashed by Forest tomorrow....
Have you actually listened to the clip i have posted??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The size and quality of the squad is irrelevant.

It’s been years and years of our football authorities failing to help and look after the teams that qualify for Europe.

Well said Pep.
He asked the question why did Utd and Coventry not play today. The simple answer is £££££££££££££.
World wide people will pay more to see City v Chelsea.
Pep is right, it just don’t fit some folks narrative.

samthom99

Visit site
The size and quality of the squad is irrelevant.

It’s been years and years of our football authorities failing to help and look after the teams that qualify for Europe.

Well said Pep.
i disagree.

You are right but we are in a era where the broadcasters own football and clubs dance to their tune whilst accepting extortionate amount of monies off said companies. I recall Mourinho and Klopp complaing about early kick offs and the general consenus was shut up and stop whinging.

PaulMdj

Visit site
i disagree.

You are right but we are in a era where the broadcasters own football and clubs dance to their tune whilst accepting extortionate amount of monies off said companies. I recall Mourinho and Klopp complaing about early kick offs and the general consenus was shut up and stop whinging.
General consensus? You mean the anti Klopp & Muorinho brigade, just like we are getting now with Pep rather than listening to what he’s saying.

The PL can dictate to the media when Clubs will and won’t play, the Clubs don’t get a say.

samthom99

Visit site
General consensus? You mean the anti Klopp & Muorinho brigade, just like we are getting now with Pep rather than listening to what he’s saying.

The PL can dictate to the media when Clubs will and won’t play, the Clubs don’t get a say.
No i dont. There has been very little support for teams in European competitions to have preferential treatment. It has often been said that it gave lesser teams a better chance to take a scalp against the big teams. Look at the recent comments re FA Cup replays being scrapped.

I know the clubs dont get a say, they forfeited that for a share of the £6.7bn rights deal. What i will say is managers see the schedule in a completely different light than the execs do.

PaulMdj

Visit site
No i dont. There has been very little support for teams in European competitions to have preferential treatment. It has often been said that it gave lesser teams a better chance to take a scalp against the big teams. Look at the recent comments re FA Cup replays being scrapped.

I know the clubs dont get a say, they forfeited that for a share of the £6.7bn rights deal. What i will say is managers see the schedule in a completely different light than the execs do.
Re the bit in bold:

So you agree he gets no say, so should just shut up? Surely you should be applauding him and others for coming out and saying something?

samthom99

Visit site
Re the bit in bold:

So you agree he gets no say, so should just shut up? Surely you should be applauding him and others for coming out and saying something?
Basically yes. He knew the schedule when he took the job.

He's extremely well paid, he's got the best squad in world football, they have the PL referees in their pockets and he's still not happy. Funny we never heard from him last season when they won the treble.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Basically yes. He knew the schedule when he took the job.

He's extremely well paid, he's got the best squad in world football, they have the PL referees in their pockets and he's still not happy. Funny we never heard from him last season when they won the treble.
A quick google shows Pep complaining about fixture congestion for years.

But that doesn’t fit your narrative, here’s one example from 2020.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We keep hearing these complaints and how they need to reduce the fixtures because of "player welfare" but everyone knows it's about money and the clubs don't care about player welfare. If it was to do with player welfare Newcastle and Tottenham wouldn't be playing a friendly in Australia three days after the end of the PL. Why is it that they need to get rid of FA Cup replays to reduce the number of games being played but all of the big clubs were in favour of increasing the amount of games being played in the Champions League? Money.

My heart bleeds for Pep, Klopp and Arteta with their multimillion pound contracts. They knew what they were getting in to when they signed their contracts. If you manage a successful club you're going to play a lot of games in a season. I'd like to see all of the league clubs below the PL just say "No thanks, we've decided not to enter your competition next season". The big clubs in the PL seem to think that football should be run for their benefit rather than for the good of the sport.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
i disagree.

You are right but we are in an era where the broadcasters own football and clubs dance to their tune whilst accepting extortionate amount of monies off said companies. I recall Mourinho and Klopp complaing about early kick offs and the general consenus was shut up and stop whinging.
My grief is that employers have a right to protect the welfare of its employees. Any job any employer. Not just football.
With that in mind the premier league has shown its priority is the £’s side of football. FFP and maximising big games earning potential. The flip side of that is players look worn out at the cutting end of the season. Not just Citys.

samthom99

Visit site
A quick google shows Pep complaining about fixture congestion for years.

But that doesn’t fit your narrative, here’s one example from 2020.

Have you got any from last season when they won the treble?

samthom99

Visit site
My grief is that employers have a right to protect the welfare of its employees. Any job any employer. Not just football.
With that in mind the premier league has shown its priority is the £’s side of football. FFP and maximising big games earning potential. The flip side of that is players look worn out at the cutting end of the season. Not just Citys.
Teams are going on worldwide pre season tours, why? Obscene amounts money. How about stop touring and stay local. Owners of clubs want high % ROI. Football sold its soul years ago.