The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
What’s happening with Haaland compared to last season?
I know he’s joint top scorer in the prem,but seems to do nothing when I’ve seen him play.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t understand Artetas tactics.
Playing Havertz up front is like playing without a striker.
He did absolutely nothing all game.
If I was Nketia I would want out .

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Arsenal never looked like scoring and werent much of a threat despite plenty of possession. BM defence solid. When they they has decent position on set piece delivery so poor.
Badly need a decent striker next season.

4LEX

Visit site
Sad to say it but Arsenal living upto their reputation as bottlers.

Arteta has done so many things right but not signing a proper striker is shocking. You can get away with it most weeks but when it really matters at the business end, it's clear to see where Arsenal have been exposed.

Real shame for Arsenal. Not bothered about City as it says a lot that a team that's won a treble and is going for a double treble is booed off at half time when only losing 1-0 and being the better side. Shocking support.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What’s happening with Haaland compared to last season?
I know he’s joint top scorer in the prem,but seems to do nothing when I’ve seen him play.

Maybe he didn’t want to upset his new employers last night

Not sure city’s game plan of making at least 250 passes around the oppositions area is suited to him.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think the away goals rule helps stop away teams parking the bus.
That was the idea. But, it works both ways. With the Away goals rule, Home teams are terrified of conceding. So, they end up playing a lot more cautiously.

Mind you, there seems to have been a few knockout games this year where away teams have scored a decent amount of goals. No idea how that compares to past.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Maybe he didn’t want to upset his new employers last night

Not sure city’s game plan of making at least 250 passes around the oppositions area is suited to him.
What it did do was create 33 chances. But the bottom line is if you don’t take them your going home.
Re scrapping the away goal rule. I don’t get it. It wasn’t broke so why fix it. At the end of the day UEFA got its exciting finish by having extra time and penalties. Which is a lottery.
Good luck to Madrid.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sad to say it but Arsenal living upto their reputation as bottlers.

Arteta has done so many things right but not signing a proper striker is shocking. You can get away with it most weeks but when it really matters at the business end, it's clear to see where Arsenal have been exposed.

Real shame for Arsenal. Not bothered about City as it says a lot that a team that's won a treble and is going for a double treble is booed off at half time when only losing 1-0 and being the better side. Shocking support.
I think that was aimed at the referee he wasn’t biased enough toward City.