The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Well, given I or no one expects United to suddenly become world beaters this season, you can continue to make this point. However, not really any need to send "I told you so" type comments every time. It is not like I've ever said ETH will lead Man Utd to greatness. I simply do not share your certainty he is worse than Southgate.

I simply want the new ownership to get their senior management is place (which they aren't yet) and come up with a plan. Talk to ETH, give him at least another season under their direction and see how that looks. And if it doesn't look good, then make that decision.

Rather than come in, sack the manager, get some other guy in, still have Utd play rubbish next season (good chance as we'll still have many poor players) and then realising they may have been too hasty.

Not that any of our opinions matter of course, they'll do what they want to do. I'll support Utd regardless, and if they sack ETH I will have huge hope it is the right decision, just not confidence it is.

Fair play.

The set up off the pitch has been an issue but the most important factor at any club is the manager. Without a top manager, Man Utd will never get back to their level. Clubs like Real, Bayern and Barcelona cut their losses when it clearly isn't working and don't give lame ducks years to do real damage.

There's a lot more managers out there than Southgate..

Swango1980

Visit site
Fair play.

The set up off the pitch has been an issue but the most important factor at any club is the manager. Without a top manager, Man Utd will never get back to their level. Clubs like Real, Bayern and Barcelona cut their losses when it clearly isn't working and don't give lame ducks years to do real damage.

There's a lot more managers out there than Southgate..
Any other manager I've heard mentioned, I can see pitfalls. It isn't like a Pep or Klopp are options. And having good managers is often a waste if the club above them is a circus.

Hypothetically, if I was in a room with ETH, I wouldn't be singing his praises. I'd be asking what his thoughts are on why we are so open, why we concede many shots. See if he can give logical responses, rather than stock media responses where he had to be careful what he says. I'm sure this is what the owners will be doing.

I've no confidence many of the players are capable of following instruction and also play under physical pressure. A good few look light weight and timid. Perk up for a while if something goes their way, but lose all confidence as soon as something doesn't. I also wonder if some are now only giving about 60% effort, because they either know they will leave in summer, or don't want to get injured before Euro's (or a big money transfer)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought the ref was a tad lenient in the Spurs Newcastle game.
How Maddison finished is beyond me

The reason we were always told never play a backpass between the posts is why the Burnley keeper should be hiding this week.
Schoolboy error .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The reason we were always told never play a backpass between the posts is why the Burnley keeper should be hiding this week.
Schoolboy error .
Same keeper who go caught by Calvert Lewin last week? Burnley have handed out so many points this season by the obsession with playing out from the back.

Swango1980

Visit site

Schoolboy error .
Just seen Brighton's goal. O dear.

Bellamy says it isn't the goalkeepers mistake, it is "our" mistake. Harsh on the other Burnley players. Even the chap who made the back pass, did so at a nice slow pace.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen the Utd game on motd. It really is hard where to start. Bournemouth looked organised. Utd looked disorganised. If that is down to the players, they are not bright enough to play to a system and need dropping. If it is down to the manager. He needs to be gone. Come what may, some of that defending was disgraceful.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Are we being a bit unfair on Bournemouth here, yes Utd should do better, but this is possibly the best PL Season B’Mouth have ever had, they have 42pts with 6 games to go, their previous best being 46pts a few years back.

They’ve had a few good results and proven dificult to beat in quite a few games.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Are we being a bit unfair on Bournemouth here, yes Utd should do better, but this is possibly the best PL Season B’Mouth have ever had, they have 42pts with 6 games to go, their previous best being 46pts a few years back.

They’ve had a few good results and proven dificult to beat in quite a few games.
I was very impressed with. Bournemouth and have been for a few years. When they have come to City they have always been organised. Compare them to a club of a similar stature like Burnley with Dyche and they were woeful to watch. I was gobsmacked when he got the Everton Job.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I was very impressed with. Bournemouth and have been for a few years. When they have come to City they have always been organised. Compare them to a club of a similar stature like Burnley with Dyche and they were woeful to watch. I was gobsmacked when he got the Everton Job.
Bournemouth have always been organised, but struggled around the bottom, this year they’ve moved on a bit.

As for Dyche, he’s doing better than Benitez and Lampard did, with possibly lesser players, he also got Burnley European Football before they went down, I’m happy to give him a fair go, sick of the manager merry-go-round.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes but now they are scoring goals that was a problem earlier.
Although they should have had four or five yesterday.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think it's time for our fans to accept their is a reason we play like we do normally .. when we try to go attacking we have more holes than swiss cheese

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's not what you want to see.

Game basically over , well played Fulham however the young lad earthly (who looked bright) has just gone to ground. All players looked away instant medical attention

Only 19

Hopefully he ok