The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree. Quality player, passionate, but looks like he’s about to burst into tears far too often. Not a leader imo.

Who would you have? I was trying to think of someone that stands out

Maigure was captain obviously and now not so he is out

Who else would make a good one?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who would you have? I was trying to think of someone that stands out

Maigure was captain obviously and now not so he is out

Who else would make a good one?

I was listening to “The Overlap” podcast with Solskjaer as the guest the other day. He said Maguire was the obvious and standout leader when he arrived. He also told Bruno that he was often too ‘passionate’. Interesting discussions about signings and how we were looking at Rice , Bellingham etc. Ole tried many times to get Utd to sign Haaland, before he even left Norway but we didn’t persue it. Tells you everything you need to know really.

I think one of the (many) issues has been the lack of options as leader. You can’t see past Bruno or Maguire in the current team.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
How often is he out? Who would be vice? You could easily give Maguire vice
Martinez 100% for me as well. As for vice, deputy vice, etc....why even bother thinking about it when we know the current squad is devoid of leaders? Could someone like Dalot emerge as such a person, senior player who looks to be there for the long term? Shaw as well, especially if there is ever any thought he might actually stay fit for any length of time (in fairness, I think he was available a lot last season)

Yes, Martinez has been out for ages this season. But, I'm hoping he isn't a Ledley King or Darren Anderton type player, made of glass. His last injury was really unfortunate, and could happen to any player when an opponent falls on your knee.

As for Maguire, I'd suspect the club and ETH would still be happy to listen to any offers for him. Done well this season, but I still don't think many people see Maguire being the type of defender that ETH wants. So, if we buy another highly rated defender, you'd expect the new guy and Martinez to be first choice. But, if Maguire is definitely at the club for another season and we are talking about a vice captain, then no big deal really. He certainly seems to be a great character who just gets on with things, and doesn't throw his toys out of the pram when things get tough.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Gigantic game tonight for the mighty Villa, hoping and praying that we get a win to take to Lille next week!

COME ON THE EURO VILLLAAAAAAAA

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
The point about teh above is it's a mistake an error. I am ok with errors and mistakes especially as the game is fast moving. Mistakes happen, defenders score own goals, attackers miss open goals, everyone misses penalties and so on. It's all part of the game. Instead we sit her bitching about every minute issue with lines and angles and so on and it's not really fun is it.

And yes I get it, fans are annoyed withy mistakes especially when it is your team but hey we still get that every weekend as it is, it's not like it's got better or gone away.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I get we don't want pens for every single shirt pull but Antonio's shirt was almost half way up his back there
What game is the ref watching …cause it ain’t ours?
2 pens surely?
Antonio shirt off his back
Zouma a bloody headlock!

Mind you maybe lucky not to be down to 10 men!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What game is the ref watching …cause it ain’t ours?
2 pens surely?
Antonio shirt off his back
Zouma a bloody headlock!

Mind you maybe lucky not to be down to 10 men!

Paquata loves getting stuck in. Need to hope Bowen's back next week

Yeah don't see how zouma was fouling when his head was in a headlock