The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
What we just saw from Foden there is something you would never see from Rashford or Bruno Fernandes.

They would have been rolling about for 2 minutes, and then crying for the next 5 minutes. Whereas Foden gets on with things immediately to pressure opposition, and scores within seconds

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What we just saw from Foden there is something you would never see from Rashford or Bruno Fernandes.

They would have been rolling about for 2 minutes, and then crying for the next 5 minutes. Whereas Foden gets on with things immediately to pressure opposition, and scores within seconds
He is not for sale, he can ply his goods with the rest of City in Division 2 next season 😖

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Glad we’ve got the kids on. Free hit game which bares nothing on our season. Brentford at the weekend is massive

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's insane Watkins (16 goals) Bowen (15 goals) don't get in the England team because the quality is that good!

Even grealish don't make it that often and boy was he class tonight

Exciting times

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Wow. Just seen that VAR called the ref to the monitor for a potential Brighton penalty. Ref stuck with his original decision.

Fair play to ref, not something we see often
I saw it and honesty thought it was six of one half a dozen the other.Also saw the Newcastle penalty for the first time. Shocking.
What about the “foul” in the Burnley where they scored from the free kick. Dear lord it was a shocker.

Swango1980

Visit site
I saw it and honesty thought it was six of one half a dozen the other.Also saw the Newcastle penalty for the first time. Shocking.
What about the “foul” in the Burnley where they scored from the free kick. Dear lord it was a shocker.
I almost can't help think that in the Brighton incident, the officials tried to find an incident where they could manipulate it to show that the ref can actually stick with his onfield decision from time to time. Simply because I couldn't understand why on earth VAR would call him to the screen in the first place. It seemed pretty clear that Dunk dragged the defender back first, and clearly committed the first foul. We were once told VAR would only intervene with clear and obvious errors, so I couldn't understand why it intervened then. The MOTD pundits even suggested the VAR also acknowledged Dunks foul, but just brought the ref over to talk it all through. Sometimes I think the officials are the biggest time wasters in the game :)

Yeah, the free kick given against Burnley was a joke. In fairness to the referee, from certain angles it looks like he must have gone down under contact in real time, and so I can see why a referee would instinctively give a free kick for a foul. But the replay showed it wasn't a foul at all. I suppose we'd never be talking about it had Burnley been able to defend the free kick.

samthom99

Visit site
Wow. Just seen that VAR called the ref to the monitor for a potential Brighton penalty. Ref stuck with his original decision.

Fair play to ref, not something we see often
I watched that game and was confused as to why VAR sent the ref to the screen. What was VAR seeing? There was no clear and obvious error.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I watched that game and was confused as to why VAR sent the ref to the screen. What was VAR seeing? There was no clear and obvious error.
If they can't decide within a minute or so then there is no obvious error based on the fact they can't see it so doesn't fit the definition of clear or obvious. But htis would mean a bit of knowledge and common sense which isn't found in abundance by football rules makers

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched it again last night.
The defender puts both his arms around Dunk that’s why he tries to throw him away.
So the first “ foul “ is by the defender imo.

At last, someone who sees it as I saw it. The defender obstructed Dunk and stopped him from getting to the ball and then grabbed him round the waist!
As clear a penalty as I've seen all season.
Watched it again last night.
The defender puts both his arms around Dunk that’s why he tries to throw him away.
So the first “ foul “ is by the defender imo.