The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Id play Bellingham and rice together in the deeper roles then as a number 10 behind the attacker id have foden

Saka out right not sure on left wing

Would like to see Bowen in somehow but saka has his position
When you have a player like Bellingham it would be criminal to play him deeper to suit the lesser player in Foden. You pick your best player in his best position and Real have show that’s further forward.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saka can't be playing that badly, surely. Got him in my fantasy team, and he's the 3rd top scoring midfielder behind Salah and Son (Foden is 4th to be fair) :)

Who else would you put on the right ahead of Saka at the moment?

I was being sarcastic about Gareth's reasoning for picking players :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Saka can't be playing that badly, surely. Got him in my fantasy team, and he's the 3rd top scoring midfielder behind Salah and Son (Foden is 4th to be fair) :)

Who else would you put on the right ahead of Saka at the moment?

Saka has the highest up-side so I'd still start him, but his form isn't as good as last year. 8 league goals this year.

Palmer and Bowen are in better form and have 10 and 11 goals respectively - in far worse teams.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Saka has the highest up-side so I'd still start him, but his form isn't as good as last year. 8 league goals this year.

Palmer and Bowen are in better form and have 10 and 11 goals respectively - in far worse teams.

He also is double manned almost every game and has more assists than Palmer and Bowen combined, can spin it different ways

We all know Southgate picks Pickford, Walker, Macguire, Stones, LB, Rice, DM, Bellingham, LW, Kane, Saka if all are fit. Whether he picks Foden on the left or centre or leaves him out is anyones guess. Personally would be in my side all day long

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He also is double manned almost every game and has more assists than Palmer and Bowen combined, can spin it different ways

We all know Southgate picks Pickford, Walker, Macguire, Stones, LB, Rice, DM, Bellingham, LW, Kane, Saka if all are fit. Whether he picks Foden on the left or centre or leaves him out is anyones guess. Personally would be in my side all day long

Of course it can, but by his own standards he's not playing to the same level as he was last year. He's certainly our best option at RW though.

LW is interesting, because if he was in form it would be Rashfords place to lose in my opinion (not my actual first choice), GS seems to like playing more "traditional" wingers - we never look as good using the CAM style wingers like Man City do. But how can you ignore the talent/ form of Foden down there.

Bellingham needs to be in the middle of those 3.

Rice will sit in with someone else for sure too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry but Bowen isn't playing in the same position this season so can't be judged on assists. He is playing as a striker. He has 11 goals the same as Watkins , 5th highest in the league

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rice Bellingham and Foden in a middle three, rice protects the back four.
Pick your front three and back four around that. Stones can also drop into the middle and TTA.
It won’t happen though

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Rice Bellingham and Foden in a middle three, rice protests the back four.
Pick your front three and back four around that. Stones can also drop into the middle and TTA.
It won’t happen though

Id love to see TAA dropping into midfield and our LB slotting into a 3 to cover the back....

However I've just now realised that he's deffo going to play Rice and Trent with Bellingham just ahead as the midfield 3.

It wouldn't be England if we weren't playing at least 2 right backs.... maybe even 3 if our LB position is weak and we take Trippier as cover there.

Swango1980

Visit site
Sorry but Bowen isn't playing in the same position this season so can't be judged on assists. He is playing as a striker. He has 11 goals the same as Watkins , 5th highest in the league
If he can't be judged on assists because he is playing in a different position, then he also can't be compared on goals. Works both ways.

Saka is playing for a side that has 13 more goals than West Ham, 11 less and 13 more points. Even if his numbers are not as good as last year, I'm guessing opponents are much more robust on defending against him. That might hurt his stats, but in turn help the team as a whole by giving them more space. Saka's defensive work may be very good as well, and he offers a great outlet to help relieve the pressure.

Although, if we are simply going to compare goals, then I suppose Solanke has to be ahead of Watkins, Bowen and Saka :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see the England midfield shape similar to Ange's Spurs midfield, where you have a holder, a box-to-box and a more advanced player in a three. So Rice would be the holder, the box-to-box is Bellingham or Trent, and the attacking one is Bellingham or Foden, or perhaps Maddison if you play Foden on the left. Foden needs to be in the side, but I think he's perfectly capable of playing off the left side. Saka would still be on the right for me.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2023-2024 Saka's 'poor season' where he has the second highest rating in the league. @Bdill93 :unsure:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he can't be judged on assists because he is playing in a different position, then he also can't be compared on goals. Works both ways.

Saka is playing for a side that has 13 more goals than West Ham, 11 less and 13 more points. Even if his numbers are not as good as last year, I'm guessing opponents are much more robust on defending against him. That might hurt his stats, but in turn help the team as a whole by giving them more space. Saka's defensive work may be very good as well, and he offers a great outlet to help relieve the pressure.

Although, if we are simply going to compare goals, then I suppose Solanke has to be ahead of Watkins, Bowen and Saka :)

That's not what I said. If he was on the wing goals and assists would come into play

Bowen combined numbers compared to sakas is what's needed to be compared

13 Bowen 16 saka

All round saka wins but you can say oh 8 assists to 2 as it's not comparable

Swango1980

Visit site
I'd like to see the England midfield shape similar to Ange's Spurs midfield, where you have a holder, a box-to-box and a more advanced player in a three. So Rice would be the holder, the box-to-box is Bellingham or Trent, and the attacking one is Bellingham or Foden, or perhaps Maddison if you play Foden on the left. Foden needs to be in the side, but I think he's perfectly capable of playing off the left side. Saka would still be on the right for me.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2023-2024 Saka's 'poor season' where he has the second highest rating in the league. @Bdill93 :unsure:
Just a coincidence that you found / used a set of statistics that just so happened to have a Spurs player at the top? :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a coincidence that you found / used a set of statistics that just so happened to have a Spurs player at the top? :)
I always use WhoScored. I didn't know Maddison would be top, but it's obviously based largely on our start to the season when we incredible before he got injured. I went there to check Saka's stats because, like you said, I didn't think he'd actually had a poor season at all. Seems we were right.