Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My Team

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Konsa
(Not sure whos actually fit at present?) Shaw? Chillwell just returning... Tripper if all else fails

Rice
Trent
Bellingham

Saka
Kane
Foden

My GS Team

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
As above

Rice
Trent
Bellingham

Saka
Kane
Rashford

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it? Would be a good move for them I think. Otherwise I can see the big leagues avoiding signing Africans more and more.

Which was the point I was trying to make that some said was moaning. We shouldn't have to avoid a nation of talent because of a tournament.

There are some cracking players from Africa, would be a shame to avoid signing them

D

Deleted member 15344

You accidentally put Jones in the midfield. :ROFLMAO:
Nope - he has been superb for the club sat at the top of the table , would be a perfect number 8 carrying the ball as well adding goals to his play.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope - he has been superb for the club sat at the top of the table , would be a perfect number 8 carrying the ball as well adding goals to his play.
But he's 23 and still hasn't been called up has he? I feel like if he wasn't a home-grown Scouser he wouldn't be in your side. If he was at City, or Arsenal, or even Spurs he wouldn't get in the team. Home grown players always get a bit of benefit of the doubt for a while. There is quite a list of players I'd want in the England team before him.

D

Deleted member 15344

But he's 23 and still hasn't been called up has he? I feel like if he wasn't a home-grown Scouser he wouldn't be in your side. If he was at City, or Arsenal, or even Spurs he wouldn't get in the team. Home grown players always get a bit of benefit of the doubt for a while. There is quite a list of players I'd want in the England team before him.

What does it matter if he hasn’t been called up ?

He has been playing for the International youth teams whilst they won the Euros in the summer with him being a key player - it’s called progression

I suspect you are dismissing because he is a player coming through the youth system but he has been excellent this season for us - think he has scored more goals this season across comps than any other English mid alongside Ward Prowse.

He gets in our team because Klopp rates him highly

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Bellingham and rice are the two midfielders

It's going to take a real talent to break them up

Phillips won't get back in

I mean Jones could replace Henderson as the average Liverpool player given a call up?

He isn't going to change the team much

Much like Henderson is fortunate to have had his career when he did. Wouldn't get a place in the Gerrard/ lampard days

Wouldn't get a place now in the rice / Bellingham midfield

Not saying he wouldn't get a call up but wouldn't have all those caps

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bellingham and rice are the two midfielders

It's going to take a real talent to break them up

Phillips won't get back in

I mean Jones could replace Henderson as the average Liverpool player given a call up?

He isn't going to change the team much

Much like Henderson is fortunate to have had his career when he did. Wouldn't get a place in the Gerrard/ lampard days

Wouldn't get a place now in the rice / Bellingham midfield

Not saying he wouldn't get a call up but wouldn't have all those caps
Sadly I don't think Southgate is ever consistently going to put Bellingham alongside Rice - far too open for him. There will be a spot available for another defensive plodder in there. Likely Henderson until he finally retires at the age of 42, or until Southgate buggers off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

He has been playing for the International youth teams whilst they won the Euros in the summer with him being a key player - it’s called progression

I suspect you are dismissing because he is a player coming through the youth system but he has been excellent this season for us - think he has scored more goals this season across comps than any other English mid alongside Ward Prowse.

As I say - I think you have the rose-tints on because he's a home grown Scouser. He's also taking advantage of a transitional period in your midfield where you don't have as many options as you used to. He doesn't get in any other top side. He's a decent enough young(ish) player but starting for England? Nowhere near it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I say - I think you have the rose-tints on because he's a home grown Scouser. He's also taking advantage of a transitional period in your midfield where you don't have as many options as you used to. He doesn't get in any other top side. He's a decent enough young(ish) player but starting for England? Nowhere near it.

He reminds me of a slightly better mark noble. Took advantage of us having a rubbish midfield for years and made himself a hero

Never got capped because he wasn't good enough

Youth caps? How about captaining England to the u21 euros final, taking 2 pens in a shoot out.. means nothing

Swango1980

Visit site

Played 90 minutes 3 times this season, over 70 minutes another 3 times. He's played a good part of the last 4 PL games. I assume he has had a few injury problems this season to have missed so much football? But I suspect he'll have to play pretty amazing football from now until the end of the season to get a shout, and show he isn't going to break down with another injury if that has been an issue.

At the age of 23, I wonder how he hasn't managed to show he is good enough up to this point. Were players like Henderson keeping him out of the Liverpool side? He hasn't exactly played a huge amount of games in the league in his career up to this point.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sadly I don't think Southgate is ever consistently going to put Bellingham alongside Rice - far too open for him. There will be a spot available for another defensive plodder in there. Likely Henderson until he finally retires at the age of 42, or until Southgate buggers off.
On the plus side Southgate won't be around forever and providing it isn't to far down the road, maybe the new manager will pick the best players for the positions/opposition and not keep picking the same old faces. Funny how the likes of Germany France etc aren't scared to rebuild and accept a few bad results along the way to then give players experience and start peaking towards the next major.