The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been out the loop today. Only the guardian let me know about klopp so missed the real big news

Phillips signs on loan, rumour to be 40 million option to buy.

Delighted with that tbh

It always amazes me that with the cost of players and the gamble involved that clubs have not pushed for all deals to be on the basis of loan with an option to buy. Just seems to make total sense.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It always amazes me that with the cost of players and the gamble involved that clubs have not pushed for all deals to be on the basis of loan with an option to buy. Just seems to make total sense.

It's a great deal however the only issue you use 40 million of the summer budget to keep the squad where it is

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a great deal however the only issue you use 40 million of the summer budget to keep the squad where it is

True but you also get a player for an extended period to see how he fits into the squad. That would seem perfect, save £40 million if it does not work out and if it does you know already that you have a player that will work for you. Just seems insane that there is effectively a 'try before you buy' option out there being used and yet clubs will happily throw away £50-£100 million on a player that they have no idea if he will fit in, no idea on longer term temperament, etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True but you also get a player for an extended period to see how he fits into the squad. That would seem perfect, save £40 million if it does not work out and if it does you know already that you have a player that will work for you. Just seems insane that there is effectively a 'try before you buy' option out there being used and yet clubs will happily throw away £50-£100 million on a player that they have no idea if he will fit in, no idea on longer term temperament, etc.

Apparently Moyes has wanted him for years, wanted to get him in with rice for a year and then replace him 😂

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Supply and demand really.

Loan to buy is only appealing to the seller if they want rid of someone .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been out the loop today. Only the guardian let me know about klopp so missed the real big news

Phillips signs on loan, rumour to be 40 million option to buy.

Delighted with that tbh

Amazing, somehow City going to break even or make a small profit on him if you buy him at that price after paying a loan fee too. Outcast him for 18 mths as not good enough and still come out smelling of roses. Wow

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazing, somehow City going to break even or make a small profit on him if you buy him at that price after paying a loan fee too. Outcast him for 18 mths as not good enough and still come out smelling of roses. Wow

Tbh I never realised he was that cheap when he went city I thought he was 60 mil

But the rumours are we put that option to cover us, they want paquata in the summer so we hoping to lower the price of Phillips then might accept below the asking 85 mil (release clause) for paquata

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tbh I never realised he was that cheap when he went city I thought he was 60 mil

But the rumours are we put that option to cover us, they want paquata in the summer so we hoping to lower the price of Phillips then might accept below the asking 85 mil (release clause) for paquata

Yep expect there will be a net deal of the swap plus 40 or 50m or something similar if all happy

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's not often you secretly like another clubs managers at times, so fair play to Klopp for doing that with me. I'd say Pep is the same tbh and and big Ang. Please note I said some of the time, as other times they all drive me mad.

He is very obviously a fantastic man manager and his enthusiasm is I imagine contagious if your a player or fan of his club.

The PL will miss him and fair play for his success at Liverpool.

For me, Alonso is the only choice (Gerrard would be a complete disaster) As for his future, I'd guess Bayern.

How Liverpool react to this news will be interesting to watch.

P.s. we have an ex manager of Liverpool I could drive upto Anfield if they want a stop gap..

Swango1980

Visit site
It's not often you secretly like another clubs managers at times, so fair play to Klopp for doing that with me. I'd say Pep is the same tbh and and big Ang. Please note I said some of the time, as other times they all drive me mad.

He is very obviously a fantastic man manager and his enthusiasm is I imagine contagious if your a player or fan of his club.

The PL will miss him and fair play for his success at Liverpool.

For me, Alonso is the only choice (Gerrard would be a complete disaster) As for his future, I'd guess Bayern.

How Liverpool react to this news will be interesting to watch.

P.s. we have an ex manager of Liverpool I could drive upto Anfield if they want a stop gap..
Maybe they could do a job swap until end of season?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How has Bernado not been booked there.?
Great footballer but that kick out at the man who’s gone past him is a yellow.

Some great football but Spurs fans must have no nails left the way they play out at the back

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spurs playing with 10 men ??
Dont they like Werner they seem to not want to pass to him.

City put a man on the keeper on every corner it was just a matter of time.

Even the City fans think Tierney is “Not fit to referee “ judging by the chants 😂

How good is Ortegas distribution.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How has Bernado not been booked there.?
Great footballer but that kick out at the man who’s gone past him is a yellow.

Some great football but Spurs fans must have no nails left the way they play out at the back

and the numbnuts commentators praise him for keeping his cards in the pocket despite constantly being the wrong decision..............