The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never a foul, VAR era or otherwise. The difference to others that have been given is that in this case, the city player was trying to head the ball, which he’s entitled to do, he wasn’t trying to impede the keeper. He’s not obliged to move out of the keepers way, keeper needs to be stronger and use his hands better.
Was nowhere near the ball. 😂

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well after a couple of weeks break I'd have expected Newcastle to look a bit sharper tonight but they were pretty much outplayed for most of the game by Fulham. Just sharpness in front of goal was the difference and Fulham were surprisingly toothless upfront.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No VAR, it's accepted as a fair decision but when you involve VAR you can't make mistakes. Every decision VAR makes should be challenged untill it's in the bin.
Yes agree.
I was for it at first but the muppets in charge have just messed it up.
Not just in the UK by the sound of it.!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just watching the Liverpool FA Cup tie and was amazed at the size of some of the flags in the Kop. I looked at the LFC website and it states flag poles should be less than 1 metre, good to see stewards are taking this seriously. Especially when I have been to matches at other grounds and my good lady has been made to take her bobble hat off to show there is nothing under it - she is 57 and 5’2!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watching the Liverpool FA Cup tie and was amazed at the size of some of the flags in the Kop. I looked at the LFC website and it states flag poles should be less than 1 metre, good to see stewards are taking this seriously. Especially when I have been to matches at other grounds and my good lady has been made to take her bobble hat off to show there is nothing under it - she is 57 and 5’2!
Is that not just pre match? They do this at Newcastle now, the club liase with supporters groups, have the flags brought out at the right time. Just before they start they get brought in and taken away for next time. It's all very organised.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is that not just pre match? They do this at Newcastle now, the club liase with supporters groups, have the flags brought out at the right time. Just before they start they get brought in and taken away for next time. It's all very organised.
Will wait and see if they come out when Liverpool score - which they will.
or is it the normal thing that stewards pick on away fans?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will wait and see if they come out when Liverpool score - which they will.
or is it the normal thing that stewards pick on away fans?
I think we know the answer to the latter question is yes 😄.

I'm not seeing any flags during play, didn't notice any after the goal. Saying that, the cameras may not have panned to the right areas 🤷‍♂️

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over heard yesterday.

Lots of Liverpudlians are as sickened about Klopp's departure as much as when when cars started getting locking wheel nuts.