The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I am reading today that Man City are looking at a contract extension for Haaland (already)

Rumours are he moves up to 500k per week which equates to....

£26m a year
£71,428.57 per day
£2976 per hour
£49.60 per minute

I know there's money in football, serious money, but half a million per week is absolutely mental.

It does make me question how City can afford to do what they do...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am reading today that Man City are looking at a contract extension for Haaland (already)

£26m a year
£71,428.57 per day
£2976 per hour
£49.60 per minute

I know there's money in football, serious money, but half a million per week is absolutely mental.

If you want to make your eyes water, check out Messi, Ronaldo. Then check out the US stars, Lebron James, Patrick Mahomes and others I wont have heard of because I don't care about US sports :LOL:

It's all bonkers, completely bonkers.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

£26m a year
£71,428.57 per day
£2976 per hour
£49.60 per minute

i will no doubt get fraggered for this, but here we go....Diane Abbott is their book keeper

D

Deleted member 15344

£26m a year
£71,428.57 per day
£2976 per hour
£49.60 per minute

😂😂 I’m sure there is another PO Box that can sponsor them

And I reckon he is already on those figures anyway

D

Deleted member 15344

taking home more than that already when you take into account appearance and goal bonuses isnt he?

Yeah that’s what has been reported - close to £850k a week after bonuses with basic pay around £450k a week

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

£26m a year
£71,428.57 per day
£2976 per hour
£49.60 per minute

When you think that most golf teachers charge £1 per minute these days I reckon Haaland isn't bad value per minute 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well... no replacement at all :ROFLMAO: Stellini gets the reigns till the end of the season
We will chase Nagelsmann embarrassingly for months and then end up with Frank Lampard I expect. Personally I'd get Pochettino in right now as I think it's more realistic and will give the players a boost, especially the likes of Kane, Sonny and Dier who played under him before.

I thought Stellini was a Conte guy so I'm surprised he wasn't seen off as well. I never really get it when they rush to dispose of the manager, then install some two-bit nobody in his place until the end of the season. What's the point?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We will chase Nagelsmann embarrassingly for months and then end up with Frank Lampard I expect. Personally I'd get Pochettino in right now as I think it's more realistic and will give the players a boost, especially the likes of Kane, Sonny and Dier who played under him before.

I thought Stellini was a Conte guy so I'm surprised he wasn't seen off as well. I never really get it when they rush to dispose of the manager, then install some two-bit nobody in his place until the end of the season. What's the point?

I am guessing with the length of the contracts left, Conte has been sent on Garden leave until the end of the season then using his assistant as manager means that you are not spending any more money with regards pay offs or new appointments. Basically a set of moves that are financially neutral to the club rather than splashing out a few million

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Im not a big fan of managers second comings, id prefer to look for a new face if it was my club!

I suspect you're right about Stellini - he has been at every club with Conte so wont be around after June, just a cost saver!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im not a big fan of managers second comings, id prefer to look for a new face if it was my club!

I suspect you're right about Stellini - he has been at every club with Conte so wont be around after June, just a cost saver!
The problem though was that Poch was physically and mentally exhausted after a year and half with no decent players coming in. He just needed a holiday if anything! I'd happily see him back. Even if we don't win anymore, at least he didn't stick rigidly to a defensive system that didn't work, and at least he's a really nice guy.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The problem though was that Poch was physically and mentally exhausted after a year and half with no decent players coming in. He just needed a holiday if anything! I'd happily see him back. Even if we don't win anymore, at least he didn't stick rigidly to a defensive system that didn't work, and at least he's a really nice guy.

Id rather have a winner in charge than a nice guy.

I think that was Conte's point all along, you're far too nice!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Id rather have a winner in charge than a nice guy.

I think that was Conte's point all along, you're far too nice!
Yeah, because this has gone really well for us with Conte and Jose. Poch has won Ligue 1 now anyway. :LOL:

I said it before, but if we appoint Poch there's a small chance Kane stays which is more useful than any manager we could appoint.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, because this has gone really well for us with Conte and Jose. Poch has won Ligue 1 now anyway. :LOL:

I said it before, but if we appoint Poch there's a small chance Kane stays which is more useful than any manager we could appoint.

need a change of ownership before anything changes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
need a change of ownership before anything changes
Still not sure where I stand on this. Some fans say that Levy doesn't spend the money, in my opinion he has spent more in the last few years, but a lot of these players have turned out to be crap. So we need to get rid of the board and get some big-spending tycoon involved, but the same fans always criticise Chelsea and City for buying trophies so wouldn't we just be hypocrites? It makes no sense to me. With the relative amount we spend we're not expecting to win the league but we could have expected a couple of cups in the last decade.