The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
That was some outburst from Conte yesterday, can’t see him making to Easter.
Wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. His ego is huge, and he is deflecting criticism away from himself.

He may well have a point that the quality of players, generally, is not good enough to properly challenge for trophies. But, as a manager, it is his job to instil a good structure and work effort and spirit amongst those he manages. Coming out publicly like that is humiliating for them, but more so for him.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Leicester are going down.

I prefer to have that thought in my head and then have a possibility of being pleasantly surprised.
The alternative is several weeks of anguish, hopes and prayers - for it all to come to :poop:

Free the MOTD one!
Ooh, sorry, that's sorted. Well, its sort-of sorted.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I prefer to have that thought in my head and then have a possibility of being pleasantly surprised.
The alternative is several weeks of anguish, hopes and prayers - for it all to come to :poop:

Free the MOTD one!

They have a very, very over rated manager in Rodger’s I’m afraid. A couple of my friends are season ticket holders and have said for eighteen months that Leicester have been sleepwalking towards the Championship.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Free the MOTD one!
For ulterior motives only, I hope so. Then that's only two other places to worry about :)
Hopefully it's Southampton & Bournemouth who go with you. (Apologies to fans of all three but needs must ...)

Ps. Anyone could have said the same for any 8 of the bottom 9 teams and I'd have still said the same.

Billysboots

Visit site
Wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. His ego is huge, and he is deflecting criticism away from himself.

He may well have a point that the quality of players, generally, is not good enough to properly challenge for trophies. But, as a manager, it is his job to instil a good structure and work effort and spirit amongst those he manages. Coming out publicly like that is humiliating for them, but more so for him.

Managers who think they are bigger than the club and then let everyone know it are a massive problem. Always have been, always will be.

Mourinho is no different.

Billysboots

Visit site
The whole team just looks leggy. There’s not the depth of squad at the moment for the number of games we’re playing.

Totally agree as regards McTominay. A very limited player at this level - steady, but no more. And we certainly look very ponderous with him sitting in front of Maguire.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What I have no idea of is how mentally exhausting it is having to play every three days since the world cup.
Physically I believe they should have no problem, other than the increase in likelihood of picking up an injury, but the mental side of things might get rather draining, I genuinely have no idea.